Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothalos View Post
    New motor looks awesome! How'd it run with the 950? Great looking boat
    Unfortunately I didn't get to run the boat to much with the whipple motor. I had it out once in Havasu right after we got the boat together. We were just taking it easy trying to get everything dialed in. It ran 105 at 5400 rpm. I was on it hard coming up to the gorge and the drive let go at a little over 100. After all the work to get the boat together I only got to drive it for about an hour and a half. I guess I had it coming for buying a used drive.
    I brought the boat back to the shop and rebuilt the drive. While waiting for parts and trying to find time to work on my personal stuff the opportunity came up to sell the motor and step up. I was thinking about it last night and realized since I've owned the boat it has been to the lake a total of five times with three different motors.
    To answer your question a little more directly, the boat ran great with this setup. For the budget minded boater it is really the best way to go fast. A well built drive will last for a while at this power level and the motor is not a ticking time bomb. The boat was fast enough and should have easily ran 115. It was also kind of cool having mufflers and a flat engine hatch most people thought it had a 496 or 525. I loved them not knowing and then seeing their face when I opened the hatch.

Congrats
    looking very nice
    RSCHAP1

Nice!!!!!

Name:  638.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  91.9 KBName:  639.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  96.8 KB
    Here are a few pictures of the motor install in the boat. Still a lot of plumbing and wiring to do but I needed the motor in place to address any clearance issues.

Name:  731.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  91.7 KBName:  732.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  90.1 KB
    All cleaned up and tidy. Custom tail pipes with slip in mufflers were made in house. The coolest part of this setup was it all fit under a flat hatch Nobody new this boat was capable of 110 + It looked and sounded stock from the outside. If you are wondering where the batteries are they are mounted in custom boxes in the sponsons under the rear seat. The trim pump and fuel valve are hidden behind the rear bulkhead on either side of the motor.

Name:  833.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  86.2 KB
    Gauges installed and wired along with new controls and the stereo remote. Everything easily within reach of the driver.

What a difference ! Great work

Great project and Awesome work!

The new motor installed in the boat. Still have to cut the hatch and modify the back seat a bit to clear the blower.
    Name:  811.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  39.9 KB
    Name:  812.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  813.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  32.3 KB

All finished. Hatch fits with plenty of room and the back seat is clearanced. I hate when you open a hatch and see rips or rub marks in the upholstery from blower belts. There is plenty of room for things to move and flex like they do and still not make contact with each other.
    Name:  822.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  10.0 KB
    Name:  830.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  26.6 KB
    Name:  834.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  26.7 KB
    Name:  835.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  23.9 KB