Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Chris what's the date for the Drags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oct 13-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Oct 13-15th

Cool. I think that'll work for my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Cool. I think that'll work for my schedule.
    Sweet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    It is a a 2 speed we run a Owens trans, it's like a Lenco, we have it set up on a computer that shifts it self going down the track, the clutch is closest to the engine and the trans is in front of that, The clutch is activated by a switch on the injector hat

thanks so much for the reply...seeing that set up reminded me of my AA/BAD set up, we started out with a single speed lenco, then went up to a 2 speed, the hole game was the clutch, having a good clutch guy was what won the race...I guess the princples are the same as we had to get the tires to hook up and you have to get the prop to hook up,.. difference was we had to change the weights for every track condition..that and altitude changes...the top end charge on the boat must be a hell of a ride...I started out 50 yrs ago running A/ fuel... direct drive coupler with a clutch..belted in sitting on all that stuff ...I never liked the rear engine car,and my last digger was a hanna body front engine ....that car I ran a glide...seems that they would have come up with something that runs a converter for boats...but... I really don't know the game at all, but seeing the set up you run brought back some fond memories....best of luck to you guys on your race team...I would sure like to come in the pits at one of these races and take a look around....watching these boats run is a thrill...thanks again for this thread....these are the real "HOTBOAT" threads..

another question, what kind of sponsorship do you get out of the stickers on the boat??? or is there contingent money when you win,or make a pass???

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    thanks so much for the reply...seeing that set up reminded me of my AA/BAD set up, we started out with a single speed lenco, then went up to a 2 speed, the hole game was the clutch, having a good clutch guy was what won the race...I guess the princples are the same as we had to get the tires to hook up and you have to get the prop to hook up,.. difference was we had to change the weights for every track condition..that and altitude changes...the top end charge on the boat must be a hell of a ride...I started out 50 yrs ago running A/ fuel... direct drive coupler with a clutch..belted in sitting on all that stuff ...I never liked the rear engine car,and my last digger was a hanna body front engine ....that car I ran a glide...seems that they would have come up with something that runs a converter for boats...but... I really don't know the game at all, but seeing the set up you run brought back some fond memories....best of luck to you guys on your race team...I would sure like to come in the pits at one of these races and take a look around....watching these boats run is a thrill...thanks again for this thread....these are the real "HOTBOAT" threads..

The clutch on the boat works as a in and out deal, kind of like a crash box, there is no slip, all the slip comes from the prop, which it's like the front engine dragsters in the sixties that smoked the tires all the way down the track, I am a front engine dragster guy too, those and the altered are awesome. If you make it out to a race you are more then welcome to hang out in our pit.

As for the sponsors, we are locally sponsored, all of the help we get are from friends, we are a small family race team having fun.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    Virtually everyone that I know running a glide or another auto transmission in a boat (river boats) use a sprint car "pump drive" converter eliminator...

This is the late Romeo Palamides (of Chicago) slingshot which George Barris featured it in Car Craft in 1958. George was a writer for Peterson Publishing company back then... The average car nut can't appreciate these, OR understand about having a coupler from engine/clutch to differential yoke & a clutch for in/out... BUT I love that stuff...

Name:  DSC_0273.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  69.9 KB

What does 25-30 fuel cars running at once sound like? It's hard to describe...... It gave me a woodie but I had to back away due to my eyes burning......

Name:  1c0ad93ab725328a07e1193c28e1a246.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  74.7 KB

The first officially to 200MPH... Way back in 1966...

Name:  8-1024x820.jpg
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  12-831x1024.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  58.6 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 09-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    OK, back from that rabbit trail... Carry on Mr. Chris I...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    They are letting us test at the ADBA race in October. They took the date since Lucas backed out. Bluewater.

Does the ADBA get a decent turnout of boats? I'm going to try and make it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Virtually everyone that I know running a glide or another auto transmission in a boat (river boats) use a sprint car "pump drive" converter eliminator...

This is the late Romeo Palamides (of Chicago) slingshot which George Barris featured it in Car Craft in 1958. George was a writer for Peterson Publishing company back then... The average car nut can't appreciate these, OR understand about having a coupler from engine/clutch to differential yoke & a clutch for in/out... BUT I love that stuff...

Name:  DSC_0273.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  69.9 KB

What does 25-30 fuel cars running at once sound like? It's hard to describe...... It gave me a woodie but I had to back away due to my eyes burning......

Name:  1c0ad93ab725328a07e1193c28e1a246.jpg
Size:  74.7 KB

The first officially to 200MPH... Way back in 1966...

Name:  8-1024x820.jpg
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  12-831x1024.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  58.6 KB

I keep telling my dad if we are ever done boat racing we need to build a front engine dragster or a nostalgia funny car, I like those better then the new cars, thanks for posting Bruce