Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
    I broke a valve spring so decided to pull the engine and freshen it up. 327 w/11:1 TRW pistons 1966 camel hump heads, solid lifter Crane cam.
    Removed the Art Carr T-400 and going back in with a Tremec 5 speed. Rear diff is a Currie 9" w/ 4.11 gears and a Detroit locker. Since the engine and trans is out I may as well cut the frame and do the straight axle deal. I don't want leaf springs so I'll do coilover springs with a 4 bar setup, similar to the 2 lane Blacktop '55. Should be a better ride and lots of adjustability. Trying to keep a late 60's hotrod vibe with the exception of the trans because this car gets driven a lot. 5th gear should settle the 4.11s down for the highway. It's a real fun car.
    I'm pretty sure the car has some drag racing history because there is a tow hook welded to the frame, it has a driveshaft loop and inner fenders are cut for fenderwell headers.
    Looks like a '56 grill in your picture. Were you racing it? How did you break a valve spring. Last time I broke one I was cruising slow up river. That thing must be quick with a 5 speed at 4.11 gears.

Who's car is this? A friend of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Looks like a '56 grill in your picture. Were you racing it? How did you break a valve spring. Last time I broke one I was cruising slow up river. That thing must be quick with a 5 speed at 4.11 gears.

Who's car is this? A friend of yours?

I was just cruising back to the house when the spring broke, I think it was just because they were fairly old springs.
    Motor is fresh and back together now and have not done the axle or installed 5 speed yet.
    I think I saw that '57 in Lompoc at the Gasser Roundup a couple years ago.