Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

909 Cruise Nights

These are a few I may try and make. Vic, chumpchange are you guys ready to roll?

Nov 7, Saturday, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Upland. LEGENDS BURGERS, 2420 W. Arrow Route. Awards, food discounts, games and music. Free registration. All welcome. For more information call Mark at 909-874-0846 or 909-841-0717.

Nov 13, Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Rancho Cucamonga. FARMER BOYS, 11499 Foothill. Food discounts, awards, games & music. Free registration. All welcome. For more information call Mark at 909-874-0846 or 909-841-0717.

New Show: Nov 14, Saturday, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Rancho Cucamonga. Cowboy Burgers & BBQ, 10789 Arrow Route. Awards, food discounts, games and music. Free registration. All welcome. For more information call Mark at 909-874-0846 or 909-841-0717.

Nov 21, Saturday, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Rancho Cucamonga. LEGENDS BURGERS, 8775 Baseline Road. Awards, food discounts, games and music. Free registration. All welcome. For more information call Mark at 909-874-0846 or 909-841-0717.

Thanks, good info.

Those are a ways from me, but a Saturday might be possible if the warden will grant me a weekend pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Those are a ways from me, but a Saturday might be possible if the warden will grant me a weekend pass
    Post up some places and dates close to you that you want to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
    Thanks, good info.
    You coming out? Tell us about that heavy chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Post up some places and dates close to you that you want to attend.
    Last was the Brea Birch St Fathers Day show 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this Friday the 13th tweaker Terry with his blown Willys, my buddy Jim and his 10 second Red Nova and myself are going to both the Farmer Boys cruise night in Rancho Cucamonga followed by the Saturday morning Gun's and Hoses show at the Ontario Rotary Police Museum.

Anyone else interested?

A few of us raced the Street Legal Drags at Auto Club Dragway today. It was packed with 190 cars and was the last race of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    You coming out? Tell us about that heavy chevy.
    I broke a valve spring so decided to pull the engine and freshen it up. 327 w/11:1 TRW pistons 1966 camel hump heads, solid lifter Crane cam.
    Removed the Art Carr T-400 and going back in with a Tremec 5 speed. Rear diff is a Currie 9" w/ 4.11 gears and a Detroit locker. Since the engine and trans is out I may as well cut the frame and do the straight axle deal. I don't want leaf springs so I'll do coilover springs with a 4 bar setup, similar to the 2 lane Blacktop '55. Should be a better ride and lots of adjustability. Trying to keep a late 60's hotrod vibe with the exception of the trans because this car gets driven a lot. 5th gear should settle the 4.11s down for the highway. It's a real fun car.
    I'm pretty sure the car has some drag racing history because there is a tow hook welded to the frame, it has a driveshaft loop and inner fenders are cut for fenderwell headers.
    Last edited by waterhorse; 11-09-2015 at 08:57 AM.

I broke a valve spring so decided to pull the engine and freshen it up. 327 w/11:1 TRW pistons 1966 camel hump heads, solid lifter Crane cam.
    Removed the Art Carr T-400 and going back in with a Tremec 5 speed. Rear diff is a Currie 9" w/ 4.11 gears and a Detroit locker. Since the engine and trans is out I may as well cut the frame and do the straight axle deal. I don't want leaf springs so I'll do coilover springs with a 4 bar setup, similar to the 2 lane Blacktop '55. Should be a better ride and lots of adjustability. Trying to keep a late 60's hotrod vibe with the exception of the trans because this car gets driven a lot. 5th gear should settle the 4.11s down for the highway. It's a real fun car.
    I'm pretty sure the car has some drag racing history because there is a tow hook welded to the frame, it has a driveshaft loop and inner fenders are cut for fenderwell headers.
    Looks like a '56 grill in your picture. Were you racing it? How did you break a valve spring. Last time I broke one I was cruising slow up river. That thing must be quick with a 5 speed at 4.11 gears.

Who's car is this? A friend of yours?

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Nice ride, I do like the TRI5's...

YOu may want to consider something like the ORIGINAL "TractionMasters" that were run on the early 55's and were used by Carol Shelby on the mustangs. THey were also used on the lightweight ford drag cars.

UNLESS you are wanting to go sub 10's, I would think that the old leaf springs should work very well with traction masters.

I put a set on my 64 galaxie drag car and it was night/day... It launched as straight as a string and had NO tire shake which was REALLy bad... I also set up my pinion snubber t be adjustable so that i could control the leaf spring wrap up... WOrks great and is nostalgic...

Made in L.A. the original shizzy from your home town:

http://tractionmaster.com/

http://tractionmaster.com/app.html <<< applications...

CalTracs are just an adjustable version of ^^^
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams