Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Didn't you suggest I try and pull the fuel tanks out to clean them or do you think it is ok to leave them.
    As you can see, they are kind of foamed in. I could always cut the foam out....
    Is it possible to get some close up pics of how the gas tanks are set up? I would always remove them and flush them if its possible/feasible... At a minimum I wouild drain/flush them depending on how the boat is set up...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Is it possible to get some close up pics of how the gas tanks are set up? I would always remove them and flush them if its possible/feasible... At a minimum I wouild drain/flush them depending on how the boat is set up...
    Ok cool thanks. I will try and get pics this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when this rain lets up.....Yes it is actually raining in CA lol

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Ok cool thanks. I will try and get pics this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when this rain lets up.....Yes it is actually raining in CA lol
    Thank God for small miracles

Your only option may be to jack the hitch end of the trailer up and put a long length of hose on your tank outlets THEN use a few gas cans to flush/drain the tanks, letting all the gunk/wata settle into one can (it will separate and settle/end up in the bottom of the gas can)...

NO SMOKING!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 09-15-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Hey RR, if you color sand and polish the existing gel it will look great right after its done, however once it sees the sun it will return to its existing state, I know its not the popular answer but it would be a shame to do all the work, put it back together and wind up where you started. Re gel done right is expensive but will last you or the next guy a long time which adds value to your boat. If you go the Re gel route make sure they really know what they are doing. If you would like any help, please feel free to pm me.

Order the kit from Boat Candy and cut and buff it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by icb1 View Post
    Hey RR, if you color sand and polish the existing gel it will look great right after its done, however once it sees the sun it will return to its existing state, I know its not the popular answer but it would be a shame to do all the work, put it back together and wind up where you started. Re gel done right is expensive but will last you or the next guy a long time which adds value to your boat. If you go the Re gel route make sure they really know what they are doing. If you would like any help, please feel free to pm me.
    That's interesting. Would you mind explaining why the color will return to the existing state?

How much would a re-gel cost and how much value would it add?

Sent from my newly renovated Batcave using TapaStalk!

Go Team Brady!

Quote Originally Posted by Busti View Post
    Order the kit from Boat Candy and cut and buff it yourself.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just looked up these products and it doesn't look to bad.
    Maybe I will give them a call and see what they recommend in regards to products I need to purchase.
    Im pretty sure I can find a cheaper polisher on Amazon but pads and polish may be good from them.

Cut/buff or colorsand/buff will do it wonders. Gel is not like a clear coat paint, it'll retain its luster with normal maintenance much better. Keeping the original colors will benefit it most I think. My 1994 commander had the exact colors as yours.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Cut/buff or colorsand/buff will do it wonders. Gel is not like a clear coat paint, it'll retain its luster with normal maintenance much better. Keeping the original colors will benefit it most I think. My 1994 commander had the exact colors as yours.
    Is this your old boat. I saw it while cruising craigslist last night...http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bod/5221251697.html

Is this your old boat. I saw it while cruising craigslist last night...http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bod/5221251697.html
    Nope, mine was a 20.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1442357169169.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  42.5 KB
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: