Propeller repair

Notice:

Mercury Racing is no longer repairing Mercury propellers.

I had a Lab finished Bravo I with some moderate rock dings in it and needed to have it repaired.

So I looked around and wanted a West Coast company to repair my propellers. I selected HILL MARINE and sent the props off to have them repaired. I have never used them previously nor did anyone tell me to use them. In fact when I spoke to Mercury they recommended a East Coast repair shop.

Hill marine did a fantastic job and the finish was factory in every aspect. The turn around time was excellent and the propeller shipped back in new box and prompt service. The price was very competitive and extremely reasonable in my opinion.

If anyone has a prop that needs to be repaired. HILL Marine is a referral source I am confident will help you out as well as being close by if you live in Southern California.

Thanks HILL MARINE!

KAP

P.S. Note I received no discount or anything in writing this up. I just wanted to let other boaters know where to send lab finished propellers to have work done at a reasonable price.

Footnote: Mercury Racing Propellers is so busy with making new propellers they cannot keep up with demand much less repair orders. This makes good business sense for them but also leaves a void for customers who do not know where to send a propeller to have work performed on them like the factory.

That's too bad. My cracked 32 is a merc labbed prop, loved it. Have another one done by a local shop, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are prop repairs expensive? I have a jet so I have no clue.....

I have used hill propellers for years. "Joel" has always helped me. Just explain what you want, pitch up down, more cup less cup, basic repairs, lab finishing. Used to do my Volvo elephant ear props, and all my bravo props. Stainless repaired arnt cheap. my repaired were usually couple hundred. Change pitch and cup and lab finish I think was 4-5 hundred, a few years ago.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I've been to papa Ron's house and his shop, he has always been very nice to me...

I know he and his son/family have a LONG history in racing/outboards/Parker Enduro/props...

I would like to offer this video as a reaallllllllly good base/benchmark to understanding and a STARTER POINT to document your FAVORITE prop, so you know what you (and your boat) have/need/like...

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

We use Hill and Cutting Edge they both do great work.