Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach race

Long Beach race

You can see a set of waves off his bow, then you see them in his wake as he's digging in. looks like it just got the chine caught in the trough and hooked it. Curious how restricted the drivers vision is inside those capsules. I'd bet he never even saw those waves.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Last edited by MrDenton; 08-11-2015 at 05:55 PM.

My guess or 02 cents which may not be worth spit: As Chris decelerated (which you can hear him do) he bounced off those little rollers and found himself digging in the left front chine. The last place you want to be caught in a b boat is riding on the forward front chine.

That area is curved and it will spiral a boat just like we saw him do. Too much speed combined with too much down plate can can also get you there like we saw Dennis do in that same boat years ago.

Some down pedal proceeding those bumps may have kept the boat from bouncing like that, but I'm just speculating as I sit here playing keyboard cowboy so take that into consideration.

Long Beach race

Jerry, I've never sat in a capsule, I don't think I'd like it much, it seams like you're driving through water you last saw 500' ago. Scary shit for sure.
    Like you said about the chin, Schatz has warned me over and over again about my Bezer being lethal when it comes to that.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Last edited by MrDenton; 08-11-2015 at 08:33 PM.

I wasn't on the water...but it was a tight fit for me.

Name:  20140222_213216-1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  80.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

That looks so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    That looks so scary.

It's not so bad,

I think is was a number of things, I probably shouldn't have run that hard with the new hydraulic system not being used to it, but the boat took a good set so I just rolled into it, my foot was off the down and I rolled off the throttle early to take it easy into the turn and I hit the rollers, with the hydraulic so easy to push I might have bounced my foot off of it when I hit the wakes and slammed the nose but I don't know, I feel bad for Pat and the entire Eason family, they put a lot of work into that set up and it worked great, and my dad who built a great engine and I put it in the salt water again. I wish we could have ran better.

Name:  L.B.C Crash 1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  126.2 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  130.3 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  140.1 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 4.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  141.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Big Daddy
    Dont you worry about it, you are ok, that is the number one thing!!! It is understandable that you are conserned about the boat and the work that has gone into it. You are a good person and if you didnt worry about that stuff and other people, well.... LOL
    All the other stuff is fixable and is all part of it. Im just so glad your good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    It's not so bad,

I think is was a number of things, I probably shouldn't have run that hard with the new hydraulic system not being used to it, but the boat took a good set so I just rolled into it, my foot was off the down and I rolled off the throttle early to take it easy into the turn and I hit the rollers, with the hydraulic so easy to push I might have bounced my foot off of it when I hit the wakes and slammed the nose but I don't know, I feel bad for Pat and the entire Eason family, they put a lot of work into that set up and it worked great, and my dad who built a great engine and I put it in the salt water again. I wish we could have ran better.

Name:  L.B.C Crash 1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  126.2 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  130.3 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  140.1 KB
    Name:  L.B.C Crash 4.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  141.2 KB
    So glad you're okay!! Phew! Hope your bumps and bruises heal quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you're alright bud

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    That looks so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by rivergames View Post
    Glad you're alright bud
    Greg/Andrew...

We missed you guys over on the dark side...

Andrew, rumor was that you were GOING to show Sunday but...???
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-12-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams