Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Beach race

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Is Chris OK? How's the boat? I was going to come over and thank you guys for that shaft coupler, figured after the mishap I'd wait.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Thanks. He's ok. The boat is fucked up. He got a puncture wound from the windshield and his legs got beat up from the dash and his face is hurting him pretty bad but nothing is broken. The windshield shattered when it hit the water. He's going to be ok, he's just sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    wow, what a weekend of HIGHS and lows... The party time was epic killer, but seeing the boats go over (k711 and k69) and the damaged boats was sad...

so so glad that everyone is OK... I had a nice visit with RankDaddy just before the awards ceremony and he was his usual great self after a long weekend of racing...

Andrew/Shakedown team KUDOS you won the war of attrition... Congratulations, your hull has the advantage AT THE BEACH, Im sticking with that position...
    So good to see you out there, Bruce! I can't wait to see the footage you got out there! Saturday was a rough one! Between what happened with Chris then Rankin flipping, ugh! I'll tell ya, I picked a bad time to stop smoking before a race! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    So good to see you out there, Bruce! I can't wait to see the footage you got out there! Saturday was a rough one! Between what happened with Chris then Rankin flipping, ugh! I'll tell ya, I picked a bad time to stop smoking before a race! Lol.

glad Chris is going to be ok. he going to heal fast its a good thing you did quit smoking when you did you probably wouldn't start now

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    glad Chris is going to be ok. he going to heal fast its a good thing you did quit smoking when you did you probably wouldn't start now
    Haha, you're probably right. Yes, we're all grateful that's he lived through this one. He was really lucky.

Maybe too soon, but what happened? I was watching from the pit area as he was leaning on it pretty hard. Then I saw 2 big splashes a pause and then a 3rd real big splash. Looked he was on the rocks upside down. Thought it was ElCid at first. They were both peddling pretty hard back there.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

Oh and the not smoking thing, if you're still cigarette free, then you're one very strong woman.

What a great Weekend. I am so glad I was able to make it down to LB. I saw a lot of friends and met some new ones. Glad that both Chris and Rankin are both OK.

Bruce, It was awesome hanging out with you all weekend. Thanks for the hospitality. Jerry, I enjoyed visiting with you also. Here was the Highlight of my weekend...Me and my new buddy Reggie (Dave Rankin's dog).

Name:  IMG958251-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  106.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Hey, great spending some time with you Bruce! I'm looking forward to your drone vid! All in all a good race to attend, but the loss of our dragboat racing friend Mike Fry cast a somber cloud on the weekend. We've lost way too many people in this sport.

Long Beach was as crowded as I've seen it Saturday and probably half as crowded sunday (guessing). The GN's were the show this weekend with a full field and excellent racing. We were given a treat on the last race of the day. Ross arranged a grand prix race pitting Aussie 6 ltrs against 2 of our K boats. A perfect end to a fun weekend of racing.

Thanks for the donuts Bruce, see you next time.
    Very welcome SS, it was nice to chill with yall... I wish I could have flown some of the "hot off the grill" treats up to you with my drone, we are going to have to work on some way to pass eats/drinks up to you... I hope to get a nice video put together SOON, mainly showcasing what I consider to be my favorite place in the whole world, Marine Stadium, AND all of our friends... You are the sharpshooter and master of capturing the boats... The video from 80' +/- looking down on the boats running is really cool looking, I wish I had done that the entire time... I've got allot to learn with the fine tuning to get the best quality, a motorized gimbal is a must...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post

Always great to see you and the K711 crew, so so so sorry the weekend turned out the way it did for yall... :( SO SO SO glad that Chris will be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    What a great Weekend. I am so glad I was able to make it down to LB. I saw a lot of friends and met some new ones. Glad that both Chris and Rankin are both OK.

Bruce, It was awesome hanging out with you all weekend. Thanks for the hospitality. Jerry, I enjoyed visiting with you also. Here was the Highlight of my weekend...Me and my new buddy Reggie (Dave Rankin's dog).

Name:  IMG958251-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  106.0 KB

It was a hoot for sure... One for the record books, I'm getting old I can tell...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

After watching the video of Chris crashing. I can only wonder WTF happened. That was a very weird crash. It looked like he was on the down and the boat did a barrel roll

Quote Originally Posted by rocket98 View Post
    After watching the video of Chris crashing. I can only wonder WTF happened. That was a very weird crash. It looked like he was on the down and the boat did a barrel roll
    Weird, huh? His foot wasn't even on the down when it went over.