Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Missouri River 340 2015...

Started today!!! I think some quad copter video is in order for this event...

http://rivermiles.com/

RECORDS!!!

CHECK POINTS

Status Map full screen
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-28-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Sweet. Yes, let's see some air coverage 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Sweet. Yes, let's see some air coverage ��

Planning on it, I think ive got about 10 hrs until they hit St Charles... THey are not stopping in Washington MO unfortunately... THe KLONKIKE park checkpoint wont have any WIFI so I can't work from that location...

TOOOOO bad I don't have a big HOTBOAT.COM banner
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-29-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Hows the learning curve going? Are you a pro yet?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Hows the learning curve going? Are you a pro yet?
    I havent had much "seat time" on final cut pro, lots of video projects to edit/upload...

The flying is going well, I did have a run in with a black lab at my friends house a few nights ago, no damage to the quad BUT the dog didnt like the feeling of the prop tips spinning at super sonic speed... It only made the dog MORE angry at the quad after he got nipped... :O

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I havent had much "seat time" on final cut pro, lots of video projects to edit/upload...

The flying is going well, I did have a run in with a black lab at my friends house a few nights ago, no damage to the quad BUT the dog didnt like the feeling of the prop tips spinning at super sonic speed... It only made the dog MORE angry at the quad after he got nipped... :O

hopefully not too much in damages...$$$

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post

hopefully not too much in damages...$$$
    Nope, no damage, and in retrospect he saved me from possibly loosing the quad OR having to go deep into the woods to find it, the battery was nearly dead... Long story...

ANYWAY, I Have to get some kind of flotation on the landing gear for flying over the river later today... some guys use the grey foam PIPE insulation that you would use around your water heater pipes... THe quad would prolly be toast BUT at least the GOPRO could be recovered/saved IF it goes into the Missouri River later today...

AS for PRO, I haven't recieved a nickle for anything so I guess I can't claim to be a PRO...

Super cool!!

Going back for a third night tonight, and get some more video... Awards ceremony is tonight, the solo first place was about 36 hrs 45 minutes...

THis is a very cool time lapse of an entire 55+ hour 2014 26th place mixed tandem couple... I REALLY think I need to prep and do this event...