Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New boat

Sounds good! I put it off till next week so I'll update then !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boats alive! Can't figure out how to time this thing lol anyone know in SoCal that can give me a hand with this? Or know a shop that can time before next weekend.. Trying to go out next weekend !

Thanks in advance !

Whats it doing??

There's an outboard place on Holt in Pomona I think. Good friend recommended them. I've used them before with great results. I'll try to remember the name.

Nothing it's sounds good. But I know running with the timing off can ruin a motor. Ya b&j marine, there super cool been getting all my parts threw them.

But they said a month till they can do it lol

Run it!!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Bottom View Post
    Nothing it's sounds good. But I know running with the timing off can ruin a motor. Ya b&j marine, there super cool been getting all my parts threw them.

Call Ron Hill or his son, at Signature props (around Orange), they can prolly send you to one of the COR guys that is close to you or walk you through it... They drink 2 cycle oil for breakfast instead of coffee If you can talk to Ron, tell him that Bruce/2mm sent you, they should be able to talk you through it over the phone... Did you mark the dizz and parts before you took it apart to get it back CLOSE to the original position, if yes, you are prolly fine to run it until you can get it timed accurately, just not WOT... Run it and look at the plugs, a hard pull and then looking at a plug should tell you if your about to melt down OR NOT... Not very scientific but its a starting point...

Do you have a timing light??? This should get you real close...

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-30-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Ok got it lol I was using the wrong marking on flywheel . Yes I have a timing light. 0 @idle and it was at about 25 full advance, nocked it down to about 19-20 full advance as per directed by b & j.. Heading to pudding stone now for maiden voyage wish me luck! Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440958312.862429.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  55.1 KB

I was using the marking to the left of my white paint mark lol that's why the timing made no sense yesterday lol Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440958371.908445.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  53.4 KB

I hate boats lol won't rev up in water with a load on it. Only goes to bout 1200 rpm Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440972134.957849.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  33.8 KB

Oh chit!