Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New boat

Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    King Bearing in Gardena might have it but don't no if they are open today, the place is on 190th by the old Ascot.....
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok we're good .. Napa was able to order, should be in by 12

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Niceeeeeeeeeeeee, I likey!!!

The ole Tower Of Power Merc... TOm Brown's favorite engine... Any luck on a bearing source???

I'm surprised that it isn't a MAGneto... I was working on the 4 cyl version of that thing just one month ago (1967 model/year) when we sold a small fishing boat...

I Like that hull...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

New boat

Ok got her all back together .. Running to gas station you fill gas can.. Wish me luck!! Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437955304.210449.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  107.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437955336.376296.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  91.1 KB

Dammit almost had it fixed lol wires are all good but carbs are all plugged up from sitting. Starts with starting fluid then shuts off. So we gotta do carbs now ha Break Out Another Thousand

Waited for you all day until now lol

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437970589.863310.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  329.8 KB

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Bottom View Post
    Dammit almost had it fixed lol wires are all good but carbs are all plugged up from sitting. Starts with starting fluid then shuts off. So we gotta do carbs now ha Break Out Another Thousand

U can do it... there should be some YOUTUBE videos on those carbs with step by steps... main jet plugged, get some nice stiff copper wire strands and a can or two of carb cleaner... I like to split down some heavy gauge stranded hook up wire and use the individual copper strands to push the goo out of the jets, then flush with carb cleaner...

ALSO, check the CHECK BALL assy where the gas line hooks to the engine, the funky T handle dealio, mine was full of CRUD also...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Yep I YouTube last night! Lol I'll be doing them later today 🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Bottom View Post
    Yep I YouTube last night! Lol I'll be doing them later today ��

The amount of GOOOOOOOOOOO from the gasoline in this fishing boat/4 cyl merc was AMAZING to me... it took HOURS to get it all cleared away...

IF the carbs are gooey, please do yourself a favor and ensure that the tank/line/pump (if you have an electric pump)/check ball-quick connect all are fresh/clean and get a few external gas filters to put inline so you can run a good inline filter for a while/change a few times... the filter would be cheap insureance that you dont get more goo into your clean carbs...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-28-2015 at 10:28 AM.