Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

WTF!!! Turning 40!

So, I'm turning 40 in less than a month and I'm unusually (not unusual for me though) absolutely thrilled. I know with age comes wisdom and every wrinkle I have, I've earned.

Each decade in my life has had a different meaning. My 20s were all about my education and achieving my career goals. I was a woman on a mission and nothing could stop me.

My thirties were all about life learning lessons (some sucked balls) and tremendous heartache. I lost a lot, but gained much more invaluable, intangible things. I walk away with the greatest lesson learned, hold on tight to my beliefs while still being capable of letting go. RELAX WOMAN!! Still working on the relaxing part

Now, I'm eager to leap into my 40s. For some strange reason, I'm under the impression that on August 18, I'm going to be receiving my Welcome to Your 40's membership card that comes with awesome perks.

I know some of you are older and wiser than I am...so I'm curious what, if anything, changed for you in your 40's, 50's etc...

Sent from my newly renovated Bat Cave

Forties are all good. I was able to sport a bikini and look decent. Still had plenty of energy. Fifties are a little less energy and gaining weight is a bitch!!!! I like to eat and drink and not work out all the time. Guess I need to start working out, getting too pudgy. I am shooting for being able to still ride at the motocross track when I turn 60. That being said....my back is jacked right now. No track for me this week Just turned 57, so I have a pretty good chance at the track thing. Hoping to be able to waterski this summer. Haven't been able to do that since a bad car accident 3 years ago. Started skiing at 5 years old on the Parker Strip. Forties will be a blast!!!! Smarter and wiser is a good thing. Happy Birthday.

More financially secure and much smarter............if that's possible, also, I finally figured out the things my parents told and taught me were right and the "you don't know what you don't know"

Think about that last one, it'll make sense to you, you've got everything going for you, successful, great Family, beauty and your health, live everyday likes it's your last.

My Daughter, who is any attorney also is turning 40 August 8th, you two have two have it made, happy pre-birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by redant View Post
    Forties are all good. I was able to sport a bikini and look decent. Still had plenty of energy. Fifties are a little less energy and gaining weight is a bitch!!!! I like to eat and drink and not work out all the time. Guess I need to start working out, getting too pudgy. I am shooting for being able to still ride at the motocross track when I turn 60. That being said....my back is jacked right now. No track for me this week Just turned 57, so I have a pretty good chance at the track thing. Hoping to be able to waterski this summer. Haven't been able to do that since a bad car accident 3 years ago. Started skiing at 5 years old on the Parker Strip. Forties will be a blast!!!! Smarter and wiser is a good thing. Happy Birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    More financially secure and much smarter............if that's possible, also, I finally figured out the things my parents told and taught me were right and the "you don't know what you don't know"

Think about that last one, it'll make sense to you, you've got everything going for you, successful, great Family, beauty and your health, live everyday likes it's your last.

My Daughter, who is any attorney also is turning 40 August 8th, you two have two have it made, happy pre-birthday.
    Looks like the theme is don't take time for granted. That's great advice!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So, I'm turning 40 in less than a month and I'm unusually (not unusual for me though) absolutely thrilled. I know with age comes wisdom and every wrinkle I have, I've earned.

Each decade in my life has had a different meaning. My 20s were all about my education and achieving my career goals. I was a woman on a mission and nothing could stop me.

My thirties were all about life learning lessons (some sucked balls) and tremendous heartache. I lost a lot, but gained much more invaluable, intangible things. I walk away with the greatest lesson learned, hold on tight to my beliefs while still being capable of letting go. RELAX WOMAN!! Still working on the relaxing part

Now, I'm eager to leap into my 40s. For some strange reason, I'm under the impression that on August 18, I'm going to be receiving my Welcome to Your 40's membership card that comes with awesome perks.

I know some of you are older and wiser than I am...so I'm curious what, if anything, changed for you in your 40's, 50's etc...

OLD chicks rock!!!!!! my 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by redant View Post
    Deb, you look fantastico!!!!! Need to stop crashing up trucks though...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

You start getting the aarp letters in your latter 40's so don't get your hopes up needlessly.
    Quite literally, I had a shit load of health issues begin to creep up on me the moment I turned 50....partly because I abused myself during my 20's-30's and 40's
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    OLD chicks rock!!!!!! my 2 cents....

Oh dear, I'm considered an old chick now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You start getting the aarp letters in your latter 40's so don't get your hopes up needlessly.
    Quite literally, I had a shit load of health issues begin to creep up on me the moment I turned 50....partly because I abused myself during my 20's-30's and 40's
    What exactly does "abused myself" entail? I just want to know what to look forward to at 50.

Oh dear, I'm considered an old chick now?

What exactly does "abused myself" entail? I just want to know what to look forward to at 50.

Somewhere around 40 women finally find out what they really want out of life.....some of the fluff they so desired before becomes less important.
    Through High School I was an athlete, aspired to be a professional in fact but that got sidelined with a bad injury. It was a bit of a depressive state I was in because my future now needed a new direction. Architectural design and becoming a pilot was my new focus. Then some chick stole my heart and sperm. That failed and bad habits were formed during that marraige which led to being overweight. Adding more than 140lbs over my 165 high school weight..... Bad for knees and heart.
    I raced motocross when bikes didn't have suspensiom, I rode quads for decades in the dunes...Bad for back.
    Coming back to a healthier way is difficult especially if your physical condition lacks, lots of failures and setbacks.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Somewhere around 40 women finally find out what they really want out of life.....some of the fluff they so desired before becomes less important.
    Through High School I was an athlete, aspired to be a professional in fact but that got sidelined with a bad injury. It was a bit of a depressive state I was in because my future now needed a new direction. Architectural design and becoming a pilot was my new focus. Then some chick stole my heart and sperm. That failed and bad habits were formed during that marraige which led to being overweight. Adding more than 140lbs over my 165 high school weight..... Bad for knees and heart.
    I raced motocross when bikes didn't have suspensiom, I rode quads for decades in the dunes...Bad for back.
    Coming back to a healthier way is difficult especially if your physical condition lacks, lots of failures and setbacks.
    Phew...with the exception of my recently stolen heart, I have managed to avoid the rest. I should get my heart back quickly, before it's too late!

Bruce was being PC, he meant to say Hotchick.