Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    That sounds so fun! Why did you quit?

Sent from my newly renovated Bat Cave using Tapastalk
    Fun? Yes, I enjoyed it. I had some success at it.
    Well........I endured a divorce in '97, and left the business to be with, and keep, my kids...really a no-brainer, I walked away , signed over ownership of the act, hung it all up , or I likely would have lost them. A life and career changing move, but the right one.
    Too M M, Thanks! I keep telling my current wife ( a keeper ) of 14 years that I'm some kind of star, but she still says I have to take the trash out.......( sigh )Name:  set 1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  37.7 KB Rockin' at 42.
    Last edited by spike morelli; 07-26-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Sometimes you have to do what's right for you. People will criticize you and question your moves. But at the end of the day it's your life. Your decisions. Your choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by searayrules View Post
    I would love to be 40. Cant believe how fast I got to 55.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    yea and the older you get the faster time goes ill be 69 in a couple of months just doesn't seem possible

For me turning 40 was just another day/year. Never gave it much thought. At around 41 was when my body started reminding me of my age. All the fun I had up until then started catching up. Knee problems, tendinitis, liver issues....but as far as I'm concerned those are reminders of a good time. Had the knee repaired at 43, dropped weight at 44 and eased up on the alcohol. Tendinitis is the only thing holding me back now.
    My wife turned 40 3 years ago. We got married when she was 24 I was 28.
    We've had a great marriage with a ton of fun. But after she hit the big 40, things really changed for the better. It's like a huge weight lifted off of her shoulders. So relaxed now. Like she's finally realized that her life is stabile and it's ok to enjoy things. We even started backpacking this year, 5 years ago she wouldn't have even considered it. We also realized it's better to have a few really good friends chilling on a beach with some cocktails than raging with a hundred acquaintances in a canyon or a sandbar. Chasing the dollar is a thing of the past too. I'm a 45 year old mechanic. I've realized that unless I hit the Lotto or have a long lost rich uncle leave me a fortune, I'll never be rich. So, I decided it was time to stop trying to keep up with the Joneses and be happy with what I have.
    In conclusion, turning 40 for us was just another day. I believe our 40's have been our best years yet.
    From left to right Jodi 48(wife's best friend), Robyn 45 (sister in law) and my wife Brenda at 42. She has a shirt that reads "this is what 40 and bad ass looks like". At 39 she was wearing t shirts on the beach too embarrassed of what others might think.
    Eli, I've never seen or talked to you before. I'm sorry someone broke your heart, but from what I gather it was his loss. Turn 40 with you chin up, take all the lessons you've learned and put them to use. Love you for you, love what you do and where you do it. Life is awesome once you realize it's not about what you don't have.
    Happy early birthday

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Fun? Yes, I enjoyed it. I had some success at it.
    Well........I endured a divorce in '97, and left the business to be with, and keep, my kids...really a no-brainer, I walked away , signed over ownership of the act, hung it all up , or I likely would have lost them. A life and career changing move, but the right one.
    Too M M, Thanks! I keep telling my current wife ( a keeper ) of 14 years that I'm some kind of star, but she still says I have to take the trash out.......( sigh )Name:  set 1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  37.7 KB Rockin' at 42.
    Spike, it's hard to believe that it was already 4 years ago since this photo, and I was still solidly IN MY 40s....

Name:  book signing small.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  89.1 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    For me turning 40 was just another day/year. Never gave it much thought. At around 41 was when my body started reminding me of my age. All the fun I had up until then started catching up. Knee problems, tendinitis, liver issues....but as far as I'm concerned those are reminders of a good time. Had the knee repaired at 43, dropped weight at 44 and eased up on the alcohol. Tendinitis is the only thing holding me back now.
    We've had a great marriage with a ton of fun. But after she hit the big 40, things really changed for the better. It's like a huge weight lifted off of her shoulders. So relaxed now. Like she's finally realized that her life is stabile and it's ok to enjoy things. We even started backpacking this year, 5 years ago she wouldn't have even considered it. We also realized it's better to have a few really good friends chilling on a beach with some cocktails than raging with a hundred acquaintances in a canyon or a sandbar. Chasing the dollar is a thing of the past too. I'm a 45 year old mechanic. I've realized that unless I hit the Lotto or have a long lost rich uncle leave me a fortune, I'll never be rich. So, I decided it was time to stop trying to keep up with the Joneses and be happy with what I have.
    In conclusion, turning 40 for us was just another day. I believe our 40's have been our best years yet.
    From left to right Jodi 48(wife's best friend), Robyn 45 (sister in law) and my wife Brenda at 42. She has a shirt that reads "this is what 40 and bad ass looks like". At 39 she was wearing t shirts on the beach too embarrassed of what others might think.
    Eli, I've never seen or talked to you before. I'm sorry someone broke your heart, but from what I gather it was his loss. Turn 40 with you chin up, take all the lessons you've learned and put them to use. Love you for you, love what you do and where you do it. Life is awesome once you realize it's not about what you don't have.
    Happy early birthday

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    You did hit the BIG LOTTO with your wife, smokin hot AND she likes to camp/fish/shoot-build guns/boat... I would pinch myself every 30 minutes to make sure it's not a dream!!!

Your RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That little a$$ kicker (he's not so little anymore) black belt Dillon is the grand prize....
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I did get lucky Bruce that's for sure. I'm still trying to figure out why I was blessed with her.

It's okay.....40 is just a "number"Name:  Dr. Evil 2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  6.6 KB

WTF!!! Turning 40!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Happy early birthday

Wow, very inspiring.

I'm definitely more laid back as I get older and a few weeks ago I realized that I too prefer my small great circle of friends vs the large rager style party. In fact, I'd rather spend a day with my niece and nephew than go to a party. So, I completely understand giving up "fun" things for your children.

My heartache wasn't a broken heart at all. I just didn't take the amount of disappointment very well. I had to learn that some people are just not good people and I cannot and do not have to make sense of it, all I can do is accept it. But, I'm grateful that rather than allowing it to turn me bitter, I chose to learn from it. I'm very grateful, happy and most of all extremely lucky.

Thank you for the early birthday wishes.

Your wife is beautiful!

Sent from my newly renovated Bat Cave using Tapastalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I had to learn that some people are just not good people and I cannot and do not have to make sense of it, all I can do is accept it. But, I'm grateful that rather than allowing it to turn me bitter, I chose to learn from it.
    Yep. Very valuable lesson there. Cut the phony douchebags out of your life, let them keep posting on the other board (I keed, I keed), and get on with your life without them. It's funny as there's one in particular that I had in my life. Turned out to be a giant loser piece of shit, and once you step back you can see it clearly. He's mooched off everyone around, and just goes through them one after one. Screwed a bunch of people over in the process. It's funny as I hear from people that he did the same thing to, after they watched him do it to me and thought it wouldn't happen to them. Overall, people pretty much suck and only care about themselves. Find a few good ones and you've got all you need. Then sit back and watch the Karma show unfold. I'm enjoying watching the drug party swinging lifestyle kick the shit out of my old friend. Anytime pics pop up I just laugh as that whole group just looks terrible now.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.