Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got stuck on the 10 for 2 hours less than 20 seconds from crossing that bridge...I knew I shouldn't have stopped for those dang rolled tacos in Parker. :(
    The rain was relentless the whole time sitting there and was consistently a downpour. When the center median finally drained out a few of us started to dare crossing to the eastbound side. Eastbound 10 was flooded about half way back to Blythe too but still passable.
    My normal 5 hr drive home took 12 hrs. Tried to backtrack to the 78 and missed making it through there by about 10 minutes. Ultimately I had to go back to Quartzite and go south on the az95 to I-8 west.
    I would rather have flown to Europe in that time
    Last edited by Ziggy; 07-20-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I got stuck on the 10 for 2 hours less than 20 seconds from crossing that bridge...I knew I shouldn't have stopped for those dang rolled tacos in Parker. :(
    The rain was relentless the whole time sitting there and was consistently a downpour. When the center median finally drained out a few of us started to dare crossing to the eastbound side. Eastbound 10 was flooded about half way back to Blythe too but still passable.
    My normal 5 hr drive home took 12 hrs. Tried to backtrack to the 78 and missed making it through there by about 10 minutes. Ultimately I had to go back to Quartzite and go south on the az95 to I-8 west.
    I would rather have flown to Europe in that time
    Wow thats nuts. My son stayed the night in Az and headed home today. He was in Yuma around 1pm, probably close now I hope.

Arizona is Closed
    “Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Quote Originally Posted by AZKC View Post
    Arizona is Closed
    I've been saying that for years lol

just southern arizona havasu is still open for business. now we'll have everyone, disregard were closed also
    Last edited by sangermike; 07-22-2015 at 09:52 AM.

came out thru 29 palms early 6-7am the only problem was the squirrels wanting to pass the trucks going west, 103 beats that humidity in So. Cal........

Saying that by friday they'll reopen the highway. Sounds like they will be diverting eastbound traffic to the westbound side with single lane passage for both directions at the washed out bridge.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    came out thru 29 palms early 6-7am the only problem was the squirrels wanting to pass the trucks going west, 103 beats that humidity in So. Cal........
    Humidity.......... HA!!!!!!!

The whole time we were in LB a few weeks ago everyone kept saying to us "sorry bout this humidity"........ We were like "WHAT HUMIDITY???"
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams