Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Day one

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Excellent advise...
    That's how my mom quit after almost 20 years of smoking. That and gum chewing. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

I wish you luck and I really wish Chris luck lol

best of luck to you Candace. You can do it. If you need, they make the nicotine gum in different strengths. Buy a small pack of the weakest dose and use it for a couple of days. I hear it really takes the edge off...but just for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    I wish you luck and I really wish Chris luck lol
    Oh yea!! I forgot about that part.

Maybe Candace should come stay with me. I'm never home.

Sent from my Bat Cave

If you can do it cold turkey more power to you. I quit about 15 years ago by slowly cutting down and making rules for myself (like only smoking after work). I finally got down to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day and then quit. The hardest thing for me was drinking without a cigarette. I quit about same time they outlawed smoking in bars so it got a little easier. Keep up the good work.

great first step is easy after the first four days just send chris and the kids on a four day trip u go get a message every day after work you will be glad you quit and so will your kids

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Good luck!!! The biggest part of kicking the habit is stop doing things you did when you smoked... i.e. If you sat on the porch and smoked don't sit on the porch.

^^^^This, as a lot of the addiction is in the head.

Every week or so, take the money you would have spent on butts to reward yourself. Spa, shoes, new blower hat....fun stuff.

It will get easier to not smoke as time goes by.

Wishing you the best.
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    If you can do it cold turkey more power to you. I quit about 15 years ago by slowly cutting down and making rules for myself (like only smoking after work). I finally got down to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day and then quit. The hardest thing for me was drinking without a cigarette. I quit about same time they outlawed smoking in bars so it got a little easier. Keep up the good work.
    Drinking and not smoking is the hardest part. The wife and I quit in Jan 2012 cold turkey. After first quitting we would use those e-cigs and that kind of helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go Candace!!!
    Quiting smoking now is the single most important thing you can do for your health!!!!
    I quit cold turkey and it was tough, you can do it, be strong. When the cravings come, just dont give in, the days will get easyer and easyer.
    Please stay strong!!!!
    Last edited by PropWorks West; 07-14-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Hang in there cutie pie, you can do it!!!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams