Thread: 1989 Legend

1989 Legend

I have owned this boat since 1990. This is my hotrod, and it has been an ongoing project that never seems to end. While the hull design is somewhat dated compared to today's tunnel hull, it is still scary fast nonetheless.Name:  012.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  79.0 KBName:  010.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  100.1 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  110.3 KBName:  Jerry's Engine 011.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  97.8 KBName:  Jerry's Engine 002.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  99.3 KBName:  Jerry's Engine 001.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  92.7 KBName:  009.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  75.2 KB

Nice boat. Is it a course racer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This type of boat is used in river racing. They generally have a number of races on a given race date which includes some circuit races as well as races from point A to point B on a specific river, and a return leg. Depending on the size of the river, there may be a mass start or individual timed start. Typically, the boats are all welded aluminum hulls, (I haven't seen a fiberglass hull being used for years), fuel capacity varies from 50-120 gals of fuel, and currently unlimited class is dominated by turbines. Speeds are claimed to be up to 140 mph, maybe a little more. This form of racing is quite popular in Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Oregon, New Zealand, and Mexico. There are several classes (and they keep changing the specs from year to year) based on hulls, and engine sizes, as well as engine modifications. I am not up on the fuel restrictions for the various classes.