Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WMC
    Is that a Toyota? I like it

When Brendan ran the 134 mph at LOTO, the engine was turning about 8,100 rpm at 32-34 pounds of boost. He is reluctant to say what the engine is, but it is a 24 valve DOHC 3.0L. A lot of the parts were custom fabricated at his PSI Racing shop in Miami.

Banned
    Thanks.

Thing is running some boost for sure. Looking forward to seeing it at DS!

Hey Havasuing, thanks for all the input and Gothalos for finding mee on Instagram and starting the post.... Appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone and glad to be a new member of the Hotboat forum!!! As Havasuing mentioned the engine is a 3.0L inline 6 cylinder engine....The motor is fully built pretty much from the ground up, other then factory, block, crank, and cylinder head all internals have been modified!!

On that run this year at the Lake of the Ozarks shootout, we did run about 8100RPM with about 32 psi of boost, i actually couldnt get anymore boost cause of some wastegate changes I made prior to the event but the engine has seen as much as 38psi... We do run E85 pump fuel and thats how we can run those kind of boost levels!! The prop we spun was a Labbed 34 pitch Bravo 1 4 blade.... the engine is basically maxed out at the 8100-8200Rpms.... so prior to Desert Storm im working on a highly labbed 36 pitch Bravo 1 which will only be used for shootouts such as Desert Storm and the Missouri Shootout for 2013... With the increased boost levels and the bigger pitched prop theres no saying how much faster the boat can run, safely ofcourse...

The chances of mee making it to Havasu for Desert Storm and the Havasu Boat show are looking very promising, theres alot of work and preperation going into getting there already!! I look forward to meeting everyone out on the west coast and giving them the oppurtunity to check My set up out and maybe even give people some rides.... The boat set up looks cool and sounds different but nothing like actuallt feeling how the boat runs... Definitely along the lines of weird since we know the engine is so small and doesnt have the big v-8 growl!!..

Any other questions please feel free to ask... Thanks again everyone!!!

Brendan Alvarez
    PSIRacing

PSI Racing Eliminator Daytonea- 6cyl 3.0L Turbo!

Brendan thank you for posting, very interesting to see a inline 6 doing those speeds but obviously the rpm's are key.

I believe somewhere I read this was a bravo drive. Since hp is down but rpm's way up, how do the drives hold up?

And welcome to www.hotboat.com

HB

The drive is an IMCO SC --with a rather unusual gear ratio. If Brendan wants to reveal that, I'll let him jump in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    The drive is an IMCO SC --with a rather unusual gear ratio. If Brendan wants to reveal that, I'll let him jump in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Brendan thank you for posting, very interesting to see a inline 6 doing those speeds but obviously the rpm's are key.

I believe somewhere I read this was a bravo drive. Since hp is down but rpm's way up, how do the drives hold up?

And welcome to www.hotboat.com

HB

The drive has actually been great....It is a IMCO SC drive as Havasuing mentioned... from when I purchased the boat new I did a gear change and its had the same gear set in it ever since... Lucky for mee 1 of my good friends and 1 who has helped mee out with alot of R & D is my friend Brian from OFFshore Outdrives here in Ft. Lauderdale FL. We had inspected the upper and lower drive prior to the Ozarks race and we were happy to find everything looked great and re assembled it back together!! The main reason I have to believe the drive lives is, I use a custom made Aerator i designed myself to help the engine spool up the turbo which builds the power i need to get the boat on a plane!! With the Aerator it reduces tons of stress off the drive cause the free wheeling from the Aeration allowed to enter the prop!! Also my engine doesnt make tons of low end torque and with the turbo its very linear, not that instant hit like a blower allows.... Even though it is Linear power as you can see from the video the boat still accelerates amazingly well...

Thanks Again,
    Brendan

Cool seeing something so different and unconventional
    Congrats on it all
    and
    Thanks for sharing
    RSCHAP1

PSI Racing Eliminator Daytonea- 6cyl 3.0L Turbo!

Welcome, hope you update here as you dial in for DS 2013. BTW, it's not too early to get your accommodations setup, else you will be scrambling for something decent if you wait too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2