Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Not this is a bad ass fishing boat. Would love to have a nice convertible fishing boat to cruise down to Cabo or PV and hook up with some 200lb + Yellowfin.
    On a side note, its going to be a great year for Deep Sea Fishing. Looking like an El Nino year. THey are catching bluefin on 3/4 day boats out of SD right now.
    They use the 200lb'ers for bait in PV. Spent a bunch of time down there fishing before the boat was moved up from PV to Guaymas. That was a fun trip. One way ticket to PV and 750 miles back up the coast on a slow cruise. Fishing and drinking beer all the way up. Would love to make that trip again. I need to restock my dorado supply this year as well.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    They use the 200lb'ers for bait in PV. Spent a bunch of time down there fishing before the boat was moved up from PV to Guaymas. That was a fun trip. One way ticket to PV and 750 miles back up the coast on a slow cruise. Fishing and drinking beer all the way up. Would love to make that trip again. I need to restock my dorado supply this year as well.
    Where do you normally go out of?
    Im thinking of going on a 4day in Aug on the Royal Polaris....

That must have been an awesome trip up from PV!

This boat is out of PV and goes out for the Big Tuna.....I have entertained the thought of flying out there and hopping on this for a few days.
    http://maximussportfishing.com/

Where do you normally go out of?
    Im thinking of going on a 4day in Aug on the Royal Polaris....

That must have been an awesome trip up from PV!

This boat is out of PV and goes out for the Big Tuna.....I have entertained the thought of flying out there and hopping on this for a few days.
    http://maximussportfishing.com/
    I normally head to San Carlos. Have friends with boats down there still. Love it down there! You clear the harbor and start setting lines for dorado, then re-rig for bills when you get out a bit further, then setup for whatever is running. I think the furthest out I've been has been maybe 30 miles. PV you have to venture out quite a bit to clear the bay and get into blue water. Fishing is like no other place I've been though. 350+ lb yellowfin weren't uncommon. Get them on the boat and stand them up and they're 6+ feet tall. Good times! I've got contacts down there that can point you in the right direction when you're ready to pull the trigger. I need to get back down there myself one of these days. Have had some great New Years down there. Still mid-80's with awesome fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I normally head to San Carlos. Have friends with boats down there still. Love it down there! You clear the harbor and start setting lines for dorado, then re-rig for bills when you get out a bit further, then setup for whatever is running. I think the furthest out I've been has been maybe 30 miles. PV you have to venture out quite a bit to clear the bay and get into blue water. Fishing is like no other place I've been though. 350+ lb yellowfin weren't uncommon. Get them on the boat and stand them up and they're 6+ feet tall. Good times! I've got contacts down there that can point you in the right direction when you're ready to pull the trigger. I need to get back down there myself one of these days. Have had some great New Years down there. Still mid-80's with awesome fishing.
    So I just googled San Carlos and it looks like it on the Gulf Side and not Pacific? May be cheaper to get down there and fish as opposed to spending $2K on a boat for 4 days.....Thanks for the heads up...

San Carlos, Sonora. Just a bit south of Hermosillo, next to Guaymas. It's about 400 miles on the nose from my driveway to the marina. To fly in you'd have to go to Hermosillo as I don't know if any of the commercial airlines are flying into Guaymas these days. It's not a bad drive and there are lots of good little places to eat on the way down and back.

Yah, I just looked for flights and didn't see any....I don't know about driving through Mexico being a white boy and not speaking a word of Spanish...lol...
    Is it pretty safe to drive down there?

Yah, I just looked for flights and didn't see any....I don't know about driving through Mexico being a white boy and not speaking a word of Spanish...lol...
    Is it pretty safe to drive down there?
    The less Spanish you speak, the better off you are actually. Typically they'll get frustrated and just flag you on from the military checkpoints or if you get caught up in a mordida (payoff) scam. I've driven down there by myself at night, taken my rhino, taken a handful of girls, boat parts, you name it, and I've never had an issue. I do speak Spanish and find myself telling them I don't as a white boy speaking Spanish just brings on more questions, like why do you speak Spanish gringo? The roads are better than some I drive on up here on a regular basis. They'll be out paving and doing road construction 7 days a week.

I mean, Mexico is scary and nobody should go there... ever!