Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    They use the 200lb'ers for bait in PV. Spent a bunch of time down there fishing before the boat was moved up from PV to Guaymas. That was a fun trip. One way ticket to PV and 750 miles back up the coast on a slow cruise. Fishing and drinking beer all the way up. Would love to make that trip again. I need to restock my dorado supply this year as well.
    Where do you normally go out of?
    Im thinking of going on a 4day in Aug on the Royal Polaris....

That must have been an awesome trip up from PV!

This boat is out of PV and goes out for the Big Tuna.....I have entertained the thought of flying out there and hopping on this for a few days.
    http://maximussportfishing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Where do you normally go out of?
    Im thinking of going on a 4day in Aug on the Royal Polaris....

That must have been an awesome trip up from PV!

This boat is out of PV and goes out for the Big Tuna.....I have entertained the thought of flying out there and hopping on this for a few days.
    http://maximussportfishing.com/
    I normally head to San Carlos. Have friends with boats down there still. Love it down there! You clear the harbor and start setting lines for dorado, then re-rig for bills when you get out a bit further, then setup for whatever is running. I think the furthest out I've been has been maybe 30 miles. PV you have to venture out quite a bit to clear the bay and get into blue water. Fishing is like no other place I've been though. 350+ lb yellowfin weren't uncommon. Get them on the boat and stand them up and they're 6+ feet tall. Good times! I've got contacts down there that can point you in the right direction when you're ready to pull the trigger. I need to get back down there myself one of these days. Have had some great New Years down there. Still mid-80's with awesome fishing.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Hmmmm, Well, you asked..... For me, First off, the Sanger Jr. drag hydro, just because it's a no-nonsense, "built to do the job" boat with the best lines in the hydro world. Second, Hondo's classic flatbottom, again, proven to be tough to beat, competitively and looks wise. Thirdly, I've got to include the Stevens flatbottom. Overlooked by some, but more families had a Stevens flat at one time than any other make. Good lines and ruggedly built.Attachment 54961Attachment 54962Attachment 54963

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I'm seeing 2 types of answers here. 2MM's answer targets 3 boats specifically not just a brand or model. Others have listed favorite make/model. I'll do both.

1. Most favorite boat would be whichever original K-50 was Julian's favorite. There were several so that's tough to figure.

2. This particular Panic Mouse would be my 2nd favorite boat of all time.

Attachment 54973

3. The baddest Sanger of them all.

As far as 3 favorite makes/models of all time.

1. This shouldn't surprise anyone 75-79 Race deck Biesemeyer flat.

2. Hondo XH-511 T

3. Rayson Craft GN

This particular boat is my favorite Rayson craft.

THANKS everyone for CHINEing in...

Keep em coming CandACE/VIC... BOBBY MILLER!!! BILLY... RED ANT...

CMON yall!!!!!!!!!!!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I normally head to San Carlos. Have friends with boats down there still. Love it down there! You clear the harbor and start setting lines for dorado, then re-rig for bills when you get out a bit further, then setup for whatever is running. I think the furthest out I've been has been maybe 30 miles. PV you have to venture out quite a bit to clear the bay and get into blue water. Fishing is like no other place I've been though. 350+ lb yellowfin weren't uncommon. Get them on the boat and stand them up and they're 6+ feet tall. Good times! I've got contacts down there that can point you in the right direction when you're ready to pull the trigger. I need to get back down there myself one of these days. Have had some great New Years down there. Still mid-80's with awesome fishing.
    So I just googled San Carlos and it looks like it on the Gulf Side and not Pacific? May be cheaper to get down there and fish as opposed to spending $2K on a boat for 4 days.....Thanks for the heads up...

San Carlos, Sonora. Just a bit south of Hermosillo, next to Guaymas. It's about 400 miles on the nose from my driveway to the marina. To fly in you'd have to go to Hermosillo as I don't know if any of the commercial airlines are flying into Guaymas these days. It's not a bad drive and there are lots of good little places to eat on the way down and back.

Yah, I just looked for flights and didn't see any....I don't know about driving through Mexico being a white boy and not speaking a word of Spanish...lol...
    Is it pretty safe to drive down there?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Yah, I just looked for flights and didn't see any....I don't know about driving through Mexico being a white boy and not speaking a word of Spanish...lol...
    Is it pretty safe to drive down there?
    The less Spanish you speak, the better off you are actually. Typically they'll get frustrated and just flag you on from the military checkpoints or if you get caught up in a mordida (payoff) scam. I've driven down there by myself at night, taken my rhino, taken a handful of girls, boat parts, you name it, and I've never had an issue. I do speak Spanish and find myself telling them I don't as a white boy speaking Spanish just brings on more questions, like why do you speak Spanish gringo? The roads are better than some I drive on up here on a regular basis. They'll be out paving and doing road construction 7 days a week.

I mean, Mexico is scary and nobody should go there... ever!

My #1 would have to be my own boat! 1981 Bahner... I've wanted to own this boat since I was a little boy. Took a lot of searching and a lot of years, but it all paid off.

Name:  Sunday3.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  53.8 KB

My #2 is Jack Landers old "Quicker" boat. I can remember sitting in his garage while he worked on it. Then he'd fire up for us and throw a few reves. That was awesome. His son Greg and I grew up together and have been friends since diapers. It's sad that this boat was destroyed in a crash. Funny story, my screen name, Undersoul, became my nickname used by Jack and Greg from a miss reading of my last name at Ascot raceway. Back in the mid 80's Greg and I raced 50's together there. One of the nights my dad wrote my last name so sloppy that the announcer called me Ryan Undersoul the whole night. Jack and Greg started calling me Undersoul from then on.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  80.9 KB

#3 Would have to be my dad's boat. There are to many memories and years in this boat to count for it not to be in my top 3.

Name:  DSC02304.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  90.6 KB
    1981 Bahner

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Undersoul02 View Post
    My #2 is Jack Landers old "Quicker" boat. I can remember sitting in his garage while he worked on it. Then he'd fire up for us and throw a few reves. That was awesome. His son Greg and I grew up together and have been friends since diapers. It's sad that this boat was destroyed in a crash. Funny story, my screen name, Undersoul, became my nickname used by Jack and Greg from a miss reading of my last name at Ascot raceway. Back in the mid 80's Greg and I raced 50's together there. One of the nights my dad wrote my last name so sloppy that the announcer called me Ryan Undersoul the whole night. Jack and Greg started calling me Undersoul from then on.

#3 Would have to be my dad's boat. There are to many memories and years in this boat to count for it not to be in my top 3.
    DO you mean BIG Greg / GNXL from Long Beach/traffic circle area, or whatever his screen name is? The electrician/nostalgia motocross guy?

Haven't got to see him in a few years unfortunately, I think I saw him last at Irvine on test/tune day, he was there hanging with the great Garland GN crew...

P.S. I totally get that about your dads boat... I have my dads boat which we grew up in, in my barn, deciding to either KEEP or sell...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    DO you mean BIG Greg / GNXL from Long Beach/traffic circle area, or whatever his screen name is? The electrician/nostalgia motocross guy?

Haven't got to see him in a few years unfortunately, I think I saw him last at Irvine on test/tune day, he was there hanging with the great Garland GN crew...

P.S. I totally get that about your dads boat... I have my dads boat which we grew up in, in my barn, deciding to either KEEP or sell...
    That's the Greg! He lived about 10 doors down from me when we were kids.
    1981 Bahner