Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOprO time...

A couple things my novice/green/cheap self will throw out there:
    Not sure about all quads but friend with a Phantom found out the hard way that the go pro wifi and the Phantom's control are same frequency or interfere with each other some how...Ooops.
    Now the cheap part(s):
    I got my son a HD wifi "sports" camera.
    Had the name indigo on it.
    Seen it for less than $70 bucks now.
    Obvious knock off, but it does a great job.
    Also got him a Syma X5c quad for about $80.
    Not close to the class of anything discussed here but for $80 he's learning and better quality and better video than I would have ever guessed for so cheap.
    RSCHAP1

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Amazing how much these things have evolved over the past couple years. The ones I bought are totally antiquated at this point.

Even the Lilly, when it is finally released, will probably be old technology.

I'm gonna save my money and wait for a thought controlled drone. LOL
    I'm worried about where your thoughts might take it...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    A couple things my novice/green/cheap self will throw out there:
    Not sure about all quads but friend with a Phantom found out the hard way that the go pro wifi and the Phantom's control are same frequency or interfere with each other some how...Ooops.
    Now the cheap part(s):
    I got my son a HD wifi "sports" camera.
    Had the name indigo on it.
    Seen it for less than $70 bucks now.
    Obvious knock off, but it does a great job.
    Also got him a Syma X5c quad for about $80.
    Not close to the class of anything discussed here but for $80 he's learning and better quality and better video than I would have ever guessed for so cheap.
    one of my workers in Morellia MX has the Syma and loves it, I think his has an integrated cam...??

Its true about the GoPro WIFI and the blade RC frequency, both are 2.4 and there are rumors of interference on the BLADE that cause the GPS to not lock OR become UNlocked as per the tech peeps... There are reports of FLY AWAYS, I am going to wait a bit longer before I try to run the WIFI of the gopro while flying... I am going with another FPV option that is a small MUCHO higher frequency RF transmitter that will plug into the back of the GoPro and can be viewed with the fat shark goggles, the GoPro feed / view is played out via RF to the goggles so your looking at what the GoPro sees... These are proven and have no interference issues... I expect some kind of digital encryption code in the Blade 350 or the newer versions to prevent the cross talk issues...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I'm worried about where your thoughts might take it...
    Yeah me too lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    At long last a test/sample, I can see that I'm going to need a gimbal for the windy conditions. I think that Youtube defaults to 480P so be sure to set it up to 1080. I think I need to upgrade to the better radio (spectrum 6 ch) which allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks for slower/smoother movement while recording:

P.S I ended up with a Hero 3+ Black edition from eBAY, the folks in Colorado Springs CO sell factory refurbs for a pretty decent price, and it's the full kit with all of the pieces/mounts/remote key fob...
    With the 4th of July coming up, would be cool to get some drone video of the fireworks....Do you have any good displays where you are?

My neighbor puts on one he__ of a show every year.
    We watch from the water on the boat.
    Too bad the quad we have is so sketchy.
    I doubt we'd be able to keep from soaking or sinking it.
    Maybe when we get home and I blow up my own stuff I can get the son to try his skills.
    RSCHAP1

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    With the 4th of July coming up, would be cool to get some drone video of the fireworks....Do you have any good displays where you are?
    We usually watch from Signal Hill...

Will be there (at Signal Hill) this year as well...

The lake/city that my parents live on in MO has a really good display...

I had to end this video with a special hello to SteveD, from his favorite LBCS pooch "Skittles"...

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-01-2015 at 03:41 PM.

FINALLY, my first real video, where I got to drive in FinalCutPro...

A palm tree can grow up and reach the sky,
    I never did stop and wonder why.
    It seems they climb into outer space,
    I guess it's cause they're living under California grace.

California grace.

Dear mother don't misunderstand your son,
    Think I'm crazy to live my life on the run.
    I'll write this line of your pretty face,
    Say I'm doing just fine, my California grace.

California grace.

Dear sweet woman put your hand in mine,
    I've got my mind made up this time.
    You and I are getting out of this place
    Don't forget to pack up your California grace.

Smog fills the sky with pink and blue,
    Beautifies the air while it's killing you.
    Sounds like that's the place where we ought to be.
    Let's hitch a ride in California gracefully. Gracefully yeah.

Miles of road that we haven't seen,
    Ancient ruins, fields of green.
    Come on girl, we got dreams to chase,
    Young and under California grace.

Please dear woman, won't you follow me?
    Open your mind and set me free.
    You and I ain't gotta win no race,
    We're young and under California grace.

Say I'm doing just fine, my California grace.
    We're young and under California grace.
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-03-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Nice job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk