Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Legit question from a non drinker.

Why do you guys love going to bars when you can buy booze much cheaper at the grocery store and drink it at home not having to tip or worry about DUI's?

Great question but never really thought about it. Guess for me it's a social thing with friends and meeting new people.

Sent from my Darkroom

Can't speak for the masses, but today I had to drop some stuff off at storage. It was super hot, and I had a little time to kill so I had a beer (yes one beer) and watched a little of the hockey game and left.

Aside from that, and when I'm not driving, I'll usually go to hang out with friends.

It's very rare that I drink at home. And I almost never drink alone. Once in awhile I'll have a beer if I'm bar b queuing but that's about it.

My question isn't about being "alone". I get adding the social aspect, but isn't it just as easy for friends to meet up at someone's house? Can't you turn on the hockey game at home and everyone watch it. I understand when you're out of state at a race, but when close to home I don't get it. lol

If you're at a house, somebody in the group of friends is working. Who's making the food? Who's cleaning up? Who now can't choose to do something else because he has guests over? Restaurants solve all these issues, have all the choices, service, various drinks, and puts everybody on same level. Yeah it costs but there is a service one is getting.

No kids!

You saw my post on FB lol. That little bar is very strange. I've been in many bars but this one is different. I've met several people there who are not your typical bar people. They are business owners, intellectuals, and retirees. So I find it very interesting and enjoy hanging out there once in awhile.

Variety. Variety in beers/cocktails. Variety in people. Variety in scenery. Variety in activities pool, darts...

I am an Oath Keeper

because we are social people who like to interact, if you are antie social then you drink alone so you don't have to interact with others
    so we are two different species.............

These are some great replies.

Greg, don't most people usually just order the same beer that they've grown to love and mixed drinks and not really "sample" everything aside from what a friend might suggest occasionally?
    I know some of you have more variety in stock at your houses than some bars. haha

Chumpchange, that makes sense, but many bars don't have a restaurant attached to them.

Rio, I've seen a lot of people at bars sitting there by themselves not interacting and right next to them there might be a group of friends. Is there really a method to the madness?I think all types of drinkers go to bars whether their socialites or not.