Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    There are also other reasons to hit bars if you're single

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    There are also other reasons to hit bars if you're single
    I haven't been single for a while, but when I was most bars were a sausage fest. just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I haven't been single for a while, but when I was most bars were a sausage fest. just sayin.
    lol true but that depends on the bar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    You need to change your question to Dive Bars. That better fits the profile of your question. When I think of bar, I'm thinking Yard House and the likes where there are plenty of foods and lots of variety in beer. You are correct with Dive Bars though. Many of the same people and generally older. They are fun in their own way as the old guys have some great stories to tell about wars and other experiences.

This is good stuff.. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Met a guy at this particular bar a couple months ago who worked for NASA, interesting guy. Also met a guy who worked for a huge contractor doing $15-20M jobs. We worked in a lot of the same facilities.

Also met a guy who hand builds his own bikes. Older dude who is wild as hell. But a very nice guy.

Can't get that at home

My wife and I like to go to our local sports bar about once a week. We like it because it's a change of scenery for us and our 2 year old. Yes, we bring him with us all the time. He loves it because he can run around on the patio with the other kids and nobody cares. They have great burgers, roast beef dip and ice cold beer. Other then that we will have people over or go to their house. It's a lot easier on the kids and us. I'd say it's more about a change of scenery and friends for us then convenience .

As far as dive bars go I'm not a big fan. I can drink beer out of a can or bottle at home.

I've never been able to drink at home alone, doesn't seem normal to me, I'm a super social person and so is my Wife, nope not swingers, we both just like people, we both love to dance, not as much as when we were younger, legs aren't what they used to be, but we went out 3-4 night s a weeks years ago, I don't drink very much if any if I have to drive, we either set-up a ride or take a cab, now before anyone says anything to me about driving at all with 1 beer in me, look around at the road with all these kids texting which is much worse than me driving with a beer in me.

That's our gig, I like to have a few beers once in a while and they taste even better on a hot day in the boat.

Usually, I will drink when I go out somewhere with friends, but I don't go out just to drink with friends
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    You need to change your question to Dive Bars. That better fits the profile of your question. When I think of bar, I'm thinking Yard House and the likes where there are plenty of foods and lots of variety in beer. You are correct with Dive Bars though. Many of the same people and generally older. They are fun in their own way as the old guys have some great stories to tell about wars and other experiences.
    You may be right. I've always considered restaurants that have bars in them just that- Restaurants with bars in them Hell, I was kitchen manager of the original Cask n Cleaver and responsible for preparing the happy hour food back 25 years ago.

I used to go to with friends to the Red Dog in Needles and Sports Valley in Parker. I consider those bars just like Foxes. Are those dive bars? Straighten me out.