Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    I got some advice from chevelles.com and switched to a 7/16" goodyear gatorback p/s belt. Went for a drive and zinged her up a few times without issue.

I'd like to go to the track, but on the street the 2nd gear shift kicks the car loose for what seems like forever. Can't be good for safety or et.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I got some advice from chevelles.com and switched to a 7/16" goodyear gatorback p/s belt. Went for a drive and zinged her up a few times without issue.

I'd like to go to the track, but on the street the 2nd gear shift kicks the car loose for what seems like forever. Can't be good for safety or et.
    Good info 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to wrap up this thread, here's a list of what this cost me. All things considered I think I did pretty good. The initial engine cost and doing things myself saved me quite a bit.

These figures include shipping costs.

That's not bad at all. Good info and good thread and it came out nice. But all that really counts is if it's fun to drive 🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    That's not bad at all. Good info and good thread and it came out nice. But all that really counts is if it's fun to drive ��
    After 2 months I'm kinda used to it now. Definitely more fun to drive Vic and because it's pretty loud it get's more attention (not sure if that's good or bad). The kids love it though.

Oil pressure is great, it runs nice and cool and no engine leaks. The front brake's are starting to leak so I'm gonna replace the brake calipers next.

I did replace the old alternator and it's upper bracket and cleaned up and painted the hood latch assembly and added cowl vent grills. I'm itching to go to the track even though good et won't happen with the street tires, but I'm afraid street slicks will break something.

Popped in some new sounds yesterday. This is a Retrosound stereo which is a modern receiver designed to appear original. It sounds pretty good and being able to plug in the ipod is great.

Last edited by Sharp shooter; 11-01-2015 at 12:39 PM.

That's pretty cool, been thinking about doing the same. Mine has radio delete and I kind of enjoy just listening to the exhaust so I'm not sure lol

That's pretty cool, been thinking about doing the same. Mine has radio delete and I kind of enjoy just listening to the exhaust so I'm not sure lol

Well, the retrosound is a nice option and the model 2 is loaded with features.

I bet you have a radio in your dcb right?

I like the radio for extended freeway driving and when Im parked waiting (happens a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Well, the retrosound is a nice option and the model 2 is loaded with features.

I bet you have a radio in your dcb right?

I like the radio for extended freeway driving and when Im parked waiting (happens a lot).
    I do but you can't hear it past 70 lol. Blower whine sounds better anyway

I do but you can't hear it past 70 lol. Blower whine sounds better anyway
    True!!