Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Thanks! I'm anxious to get it going! You guys did get the videos I sent right?
    We did, thank you!! Haven't had a chance to watch them yet.. But we have them. We only watched one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    We did, thank you!! Haven't had a chance to watch them yet.. But we have them. We only watched one.

Great! It's good to know they made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Great! It's good to know they made it.
    All your videos are always great!! Sorry we didn't let you know we got them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    All your videos are always great!! Sorry we didn't let you know we got them!

Oh that's ok. No sorry needed and thanks for the props!!!!

Ok, so it's been a couple weeks. I had to order some things and I finally had some free time this weekend. So I got a big box in from summit last Thursday and was hoping to get this thing lit off by Monday.

A few things got in the way.

1. I'm an idiot and ordered the wrong tranny pan and header bolts. This is the second time on the header bolts- first ones were .75 which is too short and the 2nd order was 12 points which I overlooked. No biggie I got the right bolts from SoCal bolt and returned the pan.

2. When I tightened up the headers I did have a couple of clearance spots- lower control arm mount pass side and drivers side proportioning block for the brakes. Got that handled and moved on to starter. The starter is a brand new Summit brand Hitachi mini starter. The whole point of a mini starter is to clear big headers right? No dice! And my headers are on the smaller side as far as headers go.

Here's a pic. The starter nose would need major cutting or grinding to get in there so I returned it on Saturday. Exchanging for a power master.

So header problem fixed, starter on the back burner so on to the spark plugs. I had broken one so I bought some extra's. Got the new ones gapped and all the rest in and tight.

- Next, valve cover gaskets installed as well as new ARP valve cover bolts.
    - Poured in Lucas high zinc oil and secured, checked and sealed the aftermarket dipstick that came with the engine.
    - Install power steering bracket and pump.
    - Install Alternator bracket and Alt.
    - Strip and paint A/C mounting bracket and line up the belts with all pulleys mocked up.
    - Installed AC.
    - Hooked up heater hoses and ground cable.

I bought a chrome crank pulley and it's smaller in diameter. Because of that, my alternator belt no longer fits so I need a shorter one.

So the list of things to do is as follows.

1. Install new trans pan when it arrives as well as change filter and add Trans Fluid.
    2. Install and shim new starter when it arrives and it's probably going to need a little trimming.
    3. Add power steering fluid.
    4. Install new to this car Griffin Radiator that I bought used for a hundy. It's narrower so I'll likely need at least one new hose.
    5. Install trans cooler.
    6. Install fan and shroud.
    7. Prime Engine
    8. Install distributor and route and secure wires.
    9. Tie up loose ends with carburetor (return spring, throttle bracket and throttle connect) and install 82 and 84 jets.
    10. Start and adjust engine checking for leaks and set timing and pray for good oil pressure.
    11. Road test and adjust as necessary.
    12. Drive down to Rogers Exhaust shop in Fontana and drop $700 on complete 3" exhaust.

That's it. I'm not sure when the trans pan and starter will arrive, but I went through this with the headers already and it was about 3 weeks for those.

Here's a progress pic thus far.

Last edited by Sharp shooter; 05-24-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Ok, made some progress today. Got the new starter in, and buttoned up the trans after having to grind shift linkage bracket to clear pan.

Here's my updated to do list.

1. Install trans cooler.
    2. Add trans fluid.
    3. Order new radiator rubber.
    4. Install fan and shroud.
    5. Install new to this car Griffin Radiator. It's narrower so I'll likely need at least one new hose.
    6. Prime Engine
    7. Install distributor and route and secure wires.
    8. Tie up loose ends with carburetor (return spring, throttle bracket and throttle connect) and install 82 and 84 jets.
    9. Start and adjust engine checking for leaks and set timing and pray for good oil pressure.
    10. Road test and adjust as necessary.
    11. Drive down to Rogers Exhaust shop in Fontana and drop $700 on complete 3" exhaust.

Looks good you're almost there 🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Looks good you're almost there ��

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I've got that ancient Chinese disease...- Dragon Ass.

I'd like to do my tranny lines in black nylon and plumbed all the way through the cooler with fittings.. That should set me back at least a week.

2 more set backs. Gonna have to buy a new radiator ($650) and power steering box is hemorrhaging fluid ($200).

Today I went for a ride around the neighborhood in a cool10 second car. It's capable of 9's without the throttle stop.

Last edited by Sharp shooter; 06-12-2015 at 09:10 PM.

I ordered a new radiator from Dewitt's last weekend. They're made to order so it will take a few weeks to get.