Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    So I had the car tuned last Friday at Engine Dynamics. I still had a trans leak and a p/s belt alignment issue. We wnt to the grand canyon over the weekend so I just got back to the car yesterday and today and replaced a vacuum modulator O ring and adjusted the p/s belt alignment. All looked good so I went for a good long drive to check cooling, leaks, hot start etc. Knock on wood but so far so good.

The engine wants to rev much better than the old 396 and gassing 1st gear even from a roll it just lights the tires. 2nd gear pulls pretty good, but it might need a little more tweaking to get everything out of it. That being said, I think it's ready for a track day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    So I had the car tuned last Friday at Engine Dynamics. I still had a trans leak and a p/s belt alignment issue. We wnt to the grand canyon over the weekend so I just got back to the car yesterday and today and replaced a vacuum modulator O ring and adjusted the p/s belt alignment. All looked good so I went for a good long drive to check cooling, leaks, hot start etc. Knock on wood but so far so good.

The engine wants to rev much better than the old 396 and gassing 1st gear even from a roll it just lights the tires. 2nd gear pulls pretty good, but it might need a little more tweaking to get everything out of it. That being said, I think it's ready for a track day.

Mickey Thompson drag radials sound like they are in your future. If we can make it on the same weekend, you are free to make a pass with mine, they will fit, I intentionally left the rear end in factory dimensions to take the mystery out of rim choice. 4.5" back spacing 275 x 60 x15 tuck up real nice, probably could go a little bigger on a custom rim.

Quote Originally Posted by chevellesb406 View Post
    Mickey Thompson drag radials sound like they are in your future. If we can make it on the same weekend, you are free to make a pass with mine, they will fit, I intentionally left the rear end in factory dimensions to take the mystery out of rim choice. 4.5" back spacing 275 x 60 x15 tuck up real nice, probably could go a little bigger on a custom rim.
    I run the same size tire and back spacing.

I think I'll drop air pressure to about 20 and see if I can get the bfg's to hook first. I'll get some Mickey thompsons eventually.

I run the same size tire and back spacing.

I think I'll drop air pressure to about 20 and see if I can get the bfg's to hook first. I'll get some Mickey thompsons eventually.
    Which BFG's are you running, comp T/A's?

Which BFG's are you running, comp T/A's?

Radial T/A's and they're 10 years old.

Radial T/A's and they're 10 years old.
    I played that game for a long time I ran a high 14 second pass once with smoke still coming off the tires, full track haze. Tires are everything, treat yourself. And street driving on drag radials is not an issue at all, unless its raining, then 30 mph max. Had mine on for years, they last.

I played that game for a long time I ran a high 14 second pass once with smoke still coming off the tires, full track haze. Tires are everything, treat yourself. And street driving on drag radials is not an issue at all, unless its raining, then 30 mph max. Had mine on for years, they last.
    I'm gonna do that. Aaaaand,,,,, I'm gonna have my factory stock a/c working soon.

Hey Vic, is your engine running v belt or serpentine? I'm having trouble keeping the power steering belt on.

Here's a quick clip with my friend giving his son a ride. His son likes old musclecars.

I'm still V belt. No issues but I'm easy on my baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I'm still V belt. No issues but I'm easy on my baby
    With your $$ you don't have to baby that thing. Have some fun with it!!