Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    A visit to Roger's Exhaust shop (Fontana) got the db's down. $700 out the door for everything. I went with 3" pipe and I love how it came out and how it sounds!

Roger has a pro charged Ultra that he runs in Blythe. Cool guys that do really nice work reasonably!

Next stop Engine dynamics this Friday to have John Avery tweak the tune to perfection to wrap things up. In the future I'll get some cheater slicks and 35 spline axles, but I'll try it as is at the drags possibly next month. Who wants to go?

Looks real good. I want mine to be a little louder but I don't want to redo the pipe, it's all new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Looks real good. I want mine to be a little louder but I don't want to redo the pipe, it's all new.

What size pipe do you have? What mufflers?

Quite a few chevelles on Hot Boat I see. Mine was re piped in 2000 if memory serves me correctly. Pretty radical at the time, 3" mandrel bent x pipe with 3 chamber flows, up and over rear diff and side exit. Its definitely a unique sound with the x and my whiny small block. Hot boat fontana trip?

Name:  chevelle1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  59.7 KBName:  chevelle3.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  74.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by chevellesb406 View Post
    Quite a few chevelles on Hot Boat I see. Mine was re piped in 2000 if memory serves me correctly. Pretty radical at the time, 3" mandrel bent x pipe with 3 chamber flows, up and over rear diff and side exit. Its definitely a unique sound with the x and my whiny small block. Hot boat fontana trip?
    I like your car! Do you have bigger axles on it? How much convertor is in there?

I'm in for a Fontana Hotboat day. You in Vic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I like your car! Do you have bigger axles on it? How much convertor is in there?

I'm in for a Fontana Hotboat day. You in Vic?
    I ended up building a 12 bolt for it with an auburn unit, 33 spline Tom's Axles, ford housing ends so no pesky c clips. Its an 8" 4000 stall by ATI, does pretty good on the street actually, I drive it from OC to Fontana, no trailer for this thing. 3.91 gear, 4k stall, 28 inch tall tire, so.... certainly in the right hand lanes on the way there though. She does alright for a naturally aspirated iron head small block

I ended up building a 12 bolt for it with an auburn unit, 33 spline Tom's Axles, ford housing ends so no pesky c clips. Its an 8" 4000 stall by ATI, does pretty good on the street actually, I drive it from OC to Fontana, no trailer for this thing. 3.91 gear, 4k stall, 28 inch tall tire, so.... certainly in the right hand lanes on the way there though. She does alright for a naturally aspirated iron head small block
    What does it rev?

I'm bringing a trailer from 3 miles away just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    What does it rev?

I'm bringing a trailer from 3 miles away just in case.
    It cruises there between 3500 and 4000, so, if I have to put my foot in it on the freeway, I can usually pass who I need to. I shift on the track at 6300 now a days, I was spinning the piss out of it for a while to 7200, but it was running the exact same ET when I brought it down. Now, not saying mine hasn't ended up going home on the hook a few times , I had a nasty very unusual problem of heat seizing valves for a while where every trip out I was pulling off a head. Only took doing that I think 9 times, not exaggerating, to figure out what was causing it. Hasn't been on the hook since, fingers crossed.

It cruises there between 3500 and 4000, so, if I have to put my foot in it on the freeway, I can usually pass who I need to. I shift on the track at 6300 now a days, I was spinning the piss out of it for a while to 7200, but it was running the exact same ET when I brought it down. Now, not saying mine hasn't ended up going home on the hook a few times , I had a nasty very unusual problem of heat seizing valves for a while where every trip out I was pulling off a head. Only took doing that I think 9 times, not exaggerating, to figure out what was causing it. Hasn't been on the hook since, fingers crossed.
    Do you run ladder bars or something else? Turbo 400?

I'm gonna get a gear vendors at some point because I like going to some car shows and the right lane kinda sucks. lol

Holy moly you run that beast