Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Bixby Knolls Car Show and Cacklefest...

Have you ever considered going to the Bixby Knolls show? I would go again in a heartbeat...

Carson & Atlantic I belive is the intersection where all of the old fuel cars are showcased:

Name:  bixby knolls diggers1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  bixby knolls shirley 1.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  bixby1.jpg
Size:  96.5 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Name:  bixby2.jpg
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  bixby3.jpg
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  bixby4.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  84.8 KB

Name:  bixby5.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  73.4 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Name:  bixby6.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  bixby7.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  bixby8.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  bixby9.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  49.7 KB

IF you are gonna show your ride here, you had better bring your A game... AND ear plugs for when they light off the slingshots...

Name:  bixby10.jpg
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  bixby11.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  bixby12.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  bixby13.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  78.7 KB

Never heard of this till now. What is the date?

OOOpppps, I just tried to find a 2015 date and found THIS from 2013, I think it was 2012 when I was there last:

http://www.gazettes.com/news/busines...9bb2963f4.html

http://www.signaltribunenewspaper.com/?p=18302

Im still digging to see if there is a schedule for 2015...

Discussions, however, are already brewing about keeping the car show alive in some way or at least saving the dragster expo or merging it with other events.
    Organizers said the expo, which featured a “cackle fest,” attracting hot rods and famous drag racers in recent years, was a major attraction and a tribute to Southern California’s racecar and motor-sports history, particularly the Lions Drag Strip in Wilmington that lasted from 1955 to 1972.
    The car show, which included more than 200 classic cars and more than a dozen dragsters that lined Atlantic Avenue between San Antonio Drive and Bixby Road was started in 2005 by Austin’s predecessor Rae Gabelich, wife of the late, famed race-car driver Gary Gabelich. The car show also replaced the Bixby Knolls Street Fair, which once attracted about 10,000 people and closed down the street as well.
    “I think it will be a great loss, personally,” said Dave Mandella, a Seal Beach resident who volunteered his time to organize the car show since the beginning. “I’d just hate to see it go

^^^ THis is Dave Mandella of Mandella boats... I first met Dave Mandella AND also Amos Satterlee (world famous top fuel engine builder) at this event around 2010....

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 04-09-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Sorry for the false alarm...

Just called Bixby Govt (LB District 8) and it is a NO GO officially for 2015...

I've been trying to find out if it moved to another burb...

So far I have only found this for 2015:

October
    23 -25
    Famoso Dragway
    Bakersfield, CA
    23rd California Hot Rod Reunion

THe 2014 pics/highlights...
    http://cacklefest.com/2014-CHRR-1.shtml
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 04-09-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Whoops