Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Harlan Orrin's projects

Our friend and veteran boat racer/builder Harlan has literally many decades of boat glass/structure/layup/rigging working for some of the biggest names in SoCal boat building/racing.

I would like to take a look at some of his projects and get some details of proven/tested techniques for this level of boat building.

Help me in welcoming Harlan to the new HotBoat:

Please keep me honest here but I believe some of his former employers are Sanger, Schiada, Mandela. He has built plugs and done construction on some of the most popular race hulls on the water...

Name:  harlan 2.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  harlan 3.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  harlan 1.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  67.5 KB

Sorry for the blurry pics, I will replace them with better shots as I recieve them...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 04-07-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

He did this one... TwiceName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428463753.383852.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  90.5 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Welcome Harlan to www.hotboat.com looking forward to seeing your work!

Harlan is a great guy. He also has quite a few molds. I don't remember all the details, but this is a 56 - 59 Mandella that he layed up in 1996. (Good thing I was wearing Hotboat gear that day. LOL) He worked at many places. I know for sure he was the shop foreman at Sanger and he worked at Mandella, and I think Raysoncraft

Name:  DSC_6533 (2).jpg
Views: 267
Size:  96.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

One critical thing you failed to mention Bruce. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Oath Keeper

This was New Year's Day at Weekend Paradise. The look on Haline's face was priceless. The master of wood decks looking at a hand painted wood deck.

Oath Keeper

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    One critical thing you failed to mention Bruce. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Oath Keeper
    He is at that... Im looking forward to putting together a chronicle of his work/history/achievements here for future generations... We need to showcase his work and pick his brain, he has been doing this longer than some of us have been alive ...

He's an absolute peach...

I hope he can pass on some tips/techniques to us and give us the courage to do some of this type of resto/repair work on our own...

I believe that SharpShooter has some pics of his work, Harlan will be chiming in hopefully in the next few days when he resolves his internet issues... In the mean time feel free to post up any pics of IN PROGRESS or FINISHED work and get your glass/wood questions ready for him... Thanks in advance Harlan...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams