Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The one we almost ran in to eachother at lol

Cash only for me there next time. No cards.
    That really, really, surprises me, I have known all the bartenders for like 10 years, and the "helpers" with the old guy certain days and nights are nowhere near smart enough to figure out how to use the card numbers, hmmm. Except for the couple of new waittresses, I know them all really well, like hang out outside of that place as well. Really hate to think a friend of mine did it :(
    Last edited by chevellesb406; 03-26-2015 at 10:47 AM.

It's Friday ready to grab some beer and get the weekend started. I just stopped to get beer at my local spot. Card declined!!! Run it again! Declined! BULLSHIT, impossible. Call Wells to ask WTF is going on with my Visa! Come to find out my card had been compromised and apparently I have been all over the state today making charges on shit I would never buy!! Off to bank now to get new temp card. Effin' thieves!!!

Sent from my Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by chevellesb406 View Post
    That really, really, surprises me, I have known all the bartenders for like 10 years, and the "helpers" with the old guy certain days and nights are nowhere near smart enough to figure out how to use the card numbers, hmmm. Except for the couple of new waittresses, I know them all really well, like hang out outside of that place as well. Really hate to think a friend of mine did it :(
    Mine was an inside job for my Chase card. Had fraud on it the day after I received it in the mail. Never even used it once!

I hope it wasn't them. But I seriously did not use that card for awhile before. And like 2 days after bam!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I hope it wasn't them. But I seriously did not use that card for awhile before. And like 2 days after bam!
    Seriously they are my closest friends, but not doubting the possibility. Just hope it's not true. If you let me know what day it is I can investigate of you like

Seriously they are my closest friends, but not doubting the possibility. Just hope it's not true. If you let me know what day it is I can investigate of you like
    Pretty sure it was last Monday night around 1130

Gotcha. Thanks.

I have been hit 3 or 4 times in the last year. I use the card all the time so no way to know where it happens. Credit union has been great about it but it is a hassle. I hate having to go in and change all of my auto-pays.

cob o1 is right the biggest hassle is notifying all your accounts that you have auto pay set. I have a issue with e bay where someone ordered a harmonic balancer from Australia the source didn't pay but how he got my info is scary. Ebay says it was me and i have to pay which I won't the vender even wrote me back saying he had no records on his part and I owe nothing. Ebay still won't remove the item as unpaid. I've tried to cancel my account but due to an unresolved issue I can't. I spent over an hour on the phone with 6 different people I couldn't understand. Ebay sucks and I will get my account closed. Its amazing how someone can get your info and just screw with you.

Seems to happen to me every few months. More with Amex than others for some reason. I have like 6 Amex accounts between business and personal.

Amex normally just changes the last 4 numbers on the card. They told me next time they will issue totally new account numbers.

The last time they agreed to keep my business platinum card on for another 8 hours as I told them where it was going to be used. It was not perfect but worked. They will get a new card to you the next day wherever you are.