Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm officially pissed

Yea was a bit bummed about the Twinkie deal but realized today that our only bread of choice was made by Hostess.
    HOMEPRIDE.
    WTF?
    I really don't like change and this is gonna piss me off!

That's a tough one. There's a few items that I have to have MY brand for and would be pissed if they were gone.

Peanut Butter
    Jelly / Preserves
    Ice Cream
    Chili

I'm officially pissed

I liked Homepride also, never paid attention it was made by hostess. Also like Twinkies very much but did not buy them very often. Sad to see Hostess gone, hopefully the brand gets picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2

We used Homepride bread also. I was wondering why my wife had bought a different brand last time she went to the store. That explains it.

Wendi

I'm officially pissed

Orowheat is really good try that. Kirkland also makes a bread very similar to home pride

I've been shopping at the new Walmart Grocery store in my area. I normally just buy the "Great Value" items, including the bread lol

I bought some of their bread too but for the life of me can't remember the name....nice whole grain wheat stuff.
    Apple pies:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Yea was a bit bummed about the Twinkie deal but realized today that our only bread of choice was made by Hostess.
    HOMEPRIDE.
    WTF?
    I really don't like change and this is gonna piss me off!
    get yourself a breadmaker and make your own bread. You'll like it more.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    get yourself a breadmaker and Have Your Wife make your bread. You'll like it more.
    Fixed it for ya:biggrin-new:

A lot of brands are changing hands right now. One thing not widely known by the average guy....Bimbo is jumping ship on the restaurant supply market and buying brands to help corner the retail market....I wouldn't be surprised to see them buy a brand like homepride. In all honesty, I believe homepride has changed hands about a dozen times before now. I also know Bimbo announced to their wholesale customers they were jumping ship about 2 weeks before the hostess deal went down. Pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

Labels are worth more than the ingredients inside. With the current item tracking systems used by retailers it should be easy to put a value on that label, they know the purchase rate....I doubt it goes away.

I just had a meeting with a national restaurant chain because of the recent "changes" by Bimbo...some very big people with some very big buying power and those very big people are literally making squaw loaves in their pants over this deal...things are gonna be fun for me but suck for retail bread buyers. And since Holsum got bought out by Flowers a while back things are gonna get ugly. Flowers is HUGE and is controlling things for retailers like I've never seen. Flowers is still struggling to take over SoCal (a $300 million annual bread market) but have positioned themselves in San Diego and Simi Valley. They tried to put the squeeze on SoCal Costco bread supply but cutting off their head when they bough holsum. So far, those current distributors have been staved off Flowers so far but they can only hold on for so long. Flowers rolled from Georgia to Phoenix with very little resistance...I doubt they'll stop knocking on anyone local.