Vegas Hotels......

So I'll probably be taking the wifey to Vegas for our anniversay in a couple of weeks......the 22nd to be exact. Generally we stay at the Mirage as it's center strip and we like to walk a lot but this year, Mirage has a ridiculous rate for Sunday night for some reason unbeknownst to me.

So the thought of where to stay has come up again. We're out walking, eating, drinking the majority of the time we're in Vegas so do nice rooms really matter all that much?

Where do you stay and why? Because free? Or other reason?

Oh I could go on and on, but I won't, because I'm being watched LOL

Here are 3 in order:

Wynn
    Wynn
    Wynn

Hahahaha

Wynn/Encore has all the restaurants. Sinatra's, Andrea's, Botero, SW, Lakeside, Red, The Country Club. Not to mention a few bars and clubs. Encore also has a topless pool. You can always say you didn't know

Ok, Palazzo or Venitian or Bellagio. Hell even Nobu at Caesars is nice. Nobu Restaurant is very good, just overpriced.

Dont's: Vdara, PH, Hard Rock, The Cromwell

It doesn't really matter which hotel, but just be prepared if you don't gamble to cough up some big bucks for cocktails, I gamble so I haven't bought a drink in ten years, but when I'm sitting at the bar and someone comes up and orders fours drinks and it comes to $60 bucks, then all the bitching and crying starts, so man up and be prepared.

BTW, we love Mandalay Bay, they take really good care of Terri and I

Taking my wife Easter weekend, staying at the Aria or whatever place she wants to stay

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    So I'll probably be taking the wifey to Vegas for our anniversay in a couple of weeks......the 22nd to be exact. Generally we stay at the Mirage as it's center strip and we like to walk a lot but this year, Mirage has a ridiculous rate for Sunday night for some reason unbeknownst to me.

So the thought of where to stay has come up again. We're out walking, eating, drinking the majority of the time we're in Vegas so do nice rooms really matter all that much?

Where do you stay and why? Because free? Or other reason?
    That is the first weekend of March Madness, rate will be crazy that weekend. Second busiest weekend in Vegas, New Year being #1

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    That is the first weekend of March Madness, rate will be crazy that weekend. Second busiest weekend in Vegas, New Year being #1
    That's why we're coming in on Sunday. It appears Mirage is jacked up but nowhere else.

For when I want nice and taking a girl, I say Encore then Venezzia at Venetian in that order. When I am looking to just have some fun with friends I like a few, Treasure Island (favorite bar is there), Caesars etc. When I want to go cheap and gamble cheap and have a great time, Monte Carlo I think is the nicest of the cheap end, always have a nice enough stay, and do my partying and dining elsewhere.