Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you?

Hybrid View

Would you?

Camp out in the desert for months without hookups to save camping fees?

I don't think I could. Seems like a lot of work to save $35/night.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423413752.148105.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  48.5 KB

Roughing it for me is called the Westin.....................lmao.

They have dump trucks bringing fresh water and picking up black out there so why not. Old people don't shower everyday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    Old people don't shower everyday anyway.
    Very disturbing. I can do two showers a day easily.

When you lose partial or full control of your holding tank and pipe valves due to age, I'm thinking 3-4 showers a day, if not for you for the people who have to sit downwind of you.

I need to throw up now. Brb

When I first saw this I thought it was going to be a "would you Jennifer Aniston" and I was going to have to say hell yea.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Very disturbing. I can do two showers a day easily.

When you lose partial or full control of your holding tank and pipe valves due to age, I'm thinking 3-4 showers a day, if not for you for the people who have to sit downwind of you.

I need to throw up now. Brb
    My dad, 80 yrs old, boggles my wife/kids mind when he tells about growing up in the country (not far from LOTO) with no electric/water/bathtub/bathroom... AND growing/rasing all of their own food... My father wired his parents house with a kit from Sears & Robuck when he was 16, one light bulb per room...

My grandpa, on his deathbed (mid 80's) looked up at the ceiling and pointed to the A.C. vent... He said to me "that was the downfall of mankind", he didn't know his own wife OR kids but I think he knew what he was trying to communicate to me...

My gramps farmed with mules, built barns for a living, hauled lumber that his father would saw with their steam saw mill, used his mule teams to haul out logs that his brothers would fell to clear farm ground and create pasture... He liked dynomite to remove stumps, split oak logs for fence rails/posts (treated the bottoms with a barrel of creosote)... Raised all of his own beef and didn't care much for pork, cut hay and grew/mixed his own cattle feed...

Built 5 houses (not counting my uncles home (that lives on the farm still)) on his farm (his last at 80yrs of age) and sold them off after he would build a new one...

My grandpa's pride, his barn with his black baldies...

Name:  bandy family scan002 small.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  66.8 KB

He was a real tough nut...

Name:  grandpa bandy sawing logs small.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  63.4 KB

I bet he smelled like a goat at the end of the day, wearing his union suit over his bibs, long sleeve shirt/Tshirt all buttoned/zipped up to his chin... In the sweltering Missouri heat/humidity...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 02-08-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    My dad, 80 yrs old, boggles my wife/kids mind when he tells about growing up in the country (not far from LOTO) with no electric/water/bathtub/bathroom... AND growing/rasing all of their own food... My father wired his parents house with a kit from Sears & Robuck when he was 16, one light bulb per room...

My grandpa, on his deathbed (mid 80's) looked up at the ceiling and pointed to the A.C. vent... He said to me "that was the downfall of mankind", he didn't know his own wife OR kids but I think he knew what he was trying to communicate to me...

My gramps farmed with mules, built barns for a living, hauled lumber that his father would saw with their steam saw mill, used his mule teams to haul out logs that his brothers would fell to clear farm ground and create pasture... He liked dynomite to remove stumps, split oak logs for fence rails/posts (treated the bottoms with a barrel of creosote)... Raised all of his own beef and didn't care much for pork, cut hay and grew/mixed his own cattle feed...

Built 5 houses (not counting my uncles home (that lives on the farm still)) on his farm (his last at 80yrs of age) and sold them off after he would build a new one...

My grandpa's pride, his barn with his black baldies..

I bet he smelled like a goat at the end of the day, wearing his union suit over his bibs, long sleeve shirt/Tshirt all buttoned/zipped up to his chin... In the sweltering Missouri heat/humidity...
    They don't make folks like that anymore, our parents we bad azzes, great story.

From dust to dust.
    They are just checking out what the future holds for them.
    Last edited by 76Bonneville; 02-08-2015 at 04:45 PM.

I don't think its $35 they're saving, probably more like double that. And they don't have a noisy neighbor 6 feet away.
    I used to think it was bizarre to see them all, now it's kinda alluring
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I don't think its $35 they're saving, probably more like double that. And they don't have a noisy neighbor 6 feet away.
    I used to think it was bizarre to see them all, now it's kinda alluring
    The noisy neighbor thing I totally get. And since you can't find a park with 100' sites I guess I would consider that.

It's hard for me to dry camp for 2 nights. I just can't imagine 4 months