Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irs

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    Thank you C-2 and CC. So apparently the title co that the County of Riverside hire screwed it up.
    I'm thankful it wasn't the IRS. that could have delayed the sale which could have killed the deal.
    I wouldn't say they are screwing it up, they are being cautious, as they should be.

The majority of my work these days consists of working for title attorneys helping to fix mistakes made during the refinance boom, and from generally poor title chain research.

The other half of what I do for them involves title fraud, cases where fraudsters purposely manipulated title chains and documents in order to rip off lenders for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

They probably "had to ask", it is the prudent thing to do.

Congrats on the sale
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    Makes me long for the days where we could know our Title Officers and talk things out. When things could actually get done.
    Well that sucks, it should be that way. The part that kills me is, the title company takes a hit for $200K. Pretty good theft, I mean, how many bank robberies net 200K? So then they contact me, and say your budget is $500, go find them and their assets. And oh yeah, the FBI is looking for them too, but finish our case before you speak with them.

Yes, phone calls with live persons would have saved a few headaches, lol.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    I wouldn't say they are screwing it up, they are being cautious, as they should be.

The majority of my work these days consists of working for title attorneys helping to fix mistakes made during the refinance boom, and from generally poor title chain research.

The other half of what I do for them involves title fraud, cases where fraudsters purposely manipulated title chains and documents in order to rip off lenders for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

They probably "had to ask", it is the prudent thing to do.

Congrats on the sale
    Thanks again.
    I see you're in Riverside.
    Just wanted to let you know I'm probably saving you a couple mil in tax $ by this sale.