Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Softball

Softball

I know we discussed this in a good morning thread but anybody else play?

Who was it that said it was old guys reliving their youth? You suck. I think I pulled my groin today.

I play racketball on two blown up knees. I look like Forrest Gump with the big braces I have to wear...lmao
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

So maybe my left hammy went out. Tough to lift that leg. I'll find out at the gym. Better take some Motrin with me.

I played baseball when I was in HS, then switched to softball after I got hurt one day, played all the way up until I was 50, then I had to give it up, too many aches and pains, love the sport, but it's for the younger guys than me now...........have fun guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I play racketball on two blown up knees. I look like Forrest Gump with the big braces I have to wear...lmao
    indoor or outdoor?
    I play once a week at the gym indoor court. Not very good but have alot of fun and get a good work out...

I used to play, until I stopped

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    indoor or outdoor?
    I play once a week at the gym indoor court. Not very good but have alot of fun and get a good work out...
    Indoor. I'm too lazy to go chasing after balls anymore.
    3 times a week for about 2 hours. I am drenched and spent by the end.
    My wife introduced me to it a few years ago and I've been all over it since. At first I just wanted the cardio but then I actually had fun beating other players . One on one is difficult with my bad legs but I can do two or three games. Cutthroat or doubles I could play all day probably.
    One of my knees is bone on bone and a torn acl, doc want to do knee replacement. other knee I blew out in the court a year ago, torn acl also. Doc want to put in a cadaver ligament there. I have opted to do neither at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    I played baseball when I was in HS, then switched to softball after I got hurt one day, played all the way up until I was 50, then I had to give it up, too many aches and pains, love the sport, but it's for the younger guys than me now...........have fun guys
    I hear ya, at 52 I have more ache and pains than ever. Arthritis, bad back and knees but I push on and keep golfing and racketballing. :thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I hear ya, at 52 I have more ache and pains than ever. Arthritis, bad back and knees but I push on and keep golfing and racketballing. :thumbs:
    I miss it terribly, but not the infield rash on my knees, thighs and ass, god knows you'd think I'd remember that I wasn't 19 anymore and wouldn't slide, not me, mid50 yo man acting like a fool, the only way to stop that is to quit playing.

Now I watch my Grandkids, much safer.

Had to walk a flight of stairs. I'm hurting today. Something has to be pulled or at least strained.