Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very cool !

I've made some progress since i last updated this thread

Got all of the pistons dropped in, mains torqued. and the cam in. Measured the pushrods and need different ones

But i couldnt help and throw everything on to see how its gonna look

Also did some polishing while i was cleaning up yesterday

not much movement during the week. I spend most nights at the GF's house....

I was home to run some errands, pay some bills etc. Got one of the heads assembled. These springs have a lot of pressure. They literally turned my (autozone style) claw compressor thing into a pretzel had to order the tool seen in the picture

Finally got the right size pushrods and got around to polishing the rest of the ends of the heads, the front cover painted, and torqued.

Harmonic balancer installed and torqued fyi (240 ftlbs, then 37 ft lbs, then 140 degrees) that was fun

started pulling my pump apart. Gonna freshen up this JC pump and save for a split bowl later on

looks like the wear ring was seized to the impeller..

I really love that color. Looks great!

Well left work early to get some work done on the boat, and of course never works out like you think it will

I came home, soda blasted the intake manifold, And I have to say. The 15 pound soda blaster from Hartbor freight kicks some ass. But it does make a mess, but who cares it's baking soda!
    Here's what the intake looked like after about 5 minutes of blasting (aircraft stripper failed)

And I said it makes a mess...

But all in all it worked pretty damn nicely.

After the soda fiasco. I turned to checking out the front motor plates I bought on eBay.

God I hope they work...

So I polished one real quickly just to see if I wanted them polished, painted, or raw aluminum

After I did that I decided to start making my rear plate.

I used a transmission bellhousing for a template and went to town. Its hard to tell but I got the circle about halfway cut out, went to start on the other side and the damn Chuck for my jig saw died. It will not hold a blade anymore :-(

So it was back to polishing

I did 0 prep on these plates. Just took them to the buffer with various grit rouges and different wheels. Here's one plate about half way through

And the final result

I painted the intake with vht cast aluminum paint.

Quote Originally Posted by steves86ta View Post
    Well left work early to get some work done on the boat, and of course never works out like you think it will

I came home, soda blasted the intake manifold, And I have to say. The 15 pound soda blaster from Hartbor freight kicks some ass. But it does make a mess, but who cares it's baking soda!
    Here's what the intake looked like after about 5 minutes of blasting (aircraft stripper failed)

And I said it makes a mess...

But all in all it worked pretty damn nicely.
    That's pretty cool. I'm thinking a plastic tent like enclosure would save a ton of work, then again maybe not.

So glad we have a blast cleaner here at work

So this weekend ended up busy with the family, but I still managed to get a little bit of work done on the boat.

Started out Friday night with the polishing above.

Saturday I woke up and went to harbor freight and grabbed a jig saw.

The same damn thing happens and the saw wouldn't hold the blade. So after tightening it down, I broke the collet

So back to harbor freight.... Again.
    I decided to buy an "old school" saw. One where you have to bolt the blade in.

And I finished the cut, finally

Then I started on the rest of the plate.

About halfway through my third jig saw decided to catch on fire

(Hard to see in this pic)

After this I quit with the jig saws and used my scroll saw. About 5 blades later I had my rear plate. Woohoo!!