Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4k or 1080P???

4k or 1080P???

I am going to buy a new TV for a game room at the house and I hear the latest thing is the 4k TV's
    However, Direct TV does not have 4k services yet as they just recently launched a satellite...

Question is, is the 4k worth the addition $500???
    How long do you think it will be before 4k is the standard?

I'm going to get a 70 inch from costco...
    The 70 4k is $1999 and the 70 1080P is $1500

What are everyone's thoughts on this.....

The 4k price tag and info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Sony Bravia Ultra 4K awhile back, love it. My old Sony was 1080P and I can tell the difference.

Right now I think Netflix has the most 4K content. I also bought a Sony 4K video camera, not sure what I'll do with it, but I have one now LOL

We looked at them a while back, but if you don't get the 4K service you're hosed, we don't watch much netflix and stuff like that, lots of sports and cable shows, they don't have to updated service in our area yet so it wasn't worth the extra bucks to go with the 4K, but we would if the service every got to us, the pic is amazing.

I wouldn't just yet. By the time 4K is everywhere, it will be time to buy a bigger TV and move this one to the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    I wouldn't just yet. By the time 4K is everywhere, it will be time to buy a bigger TV and move this one to the garage!
    I usually give my old TV's to the needy. Just like my old jackets, used pants, old shirts, sweaty hats, dirty suitcases, partially empty colognes, old patio furniture, cheap speakers, old boots, and used toothbrushes HAHAHAHA

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I watch ALOT of TV... ALLLLOTTTTTTT... TOO MUCH...

And much of it is local digital TV over the antenna (HD) quote Unquote HD... at 480 and 720 mostly, some is broadcast in 1080... and of course the dvds are higher... I have a hard time on my sony and visio 1080P TVs telling what is what.

While at my folks house where they don’t yet have a HD receiver I can see a HUGE difference between DISH NETWORK typical signal and the local 490 and 720...

The local FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE 480 and 720 is VERY noticeably better on a newer LG 1080 HD tv...

In short, what signal will you be watching most of the time?

On a 70 inch TV there may be some noticeable advantage to 4k but for me, I am tickled pink with my older Visio 1080 TV and my Sony 1080P Brava...

Unless you are watching Cable/Dish that is HD most of the time, I don’t think you will be better off with the 4k... IMHO...

I am so so so impressed with the free antenna TV signal compared to what is broadcast on Dish the majority of the time...

NOT having dish/cable gives me a good excuse to go to Buffalo Wild Wings on FIGHT NIGHT... AND Im still $$$ ahead...

IMHO, go for the 1080 TV and pocket the extra $$$, COSTCO is a good source from a price perspective IMHO...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-21-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Yeah, your biggest hurdle is that very little to no programming is in 4k. As Vic said, netflix has probably the biggest choices of 4k offerings.
    I have the 70" vizio lcd in 240hz(3D). Only watching golf I can see a stretched out golfball but all other sports no issue with picture speed.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I usually give my old TV's to the needy. Just like my old jackets, used pants, old shirts, sweaty hats, dirty suitcases, partially empty colognes, old patio furniture, cheap speakers, old boots, and used toothbrushes HAHAHAHA
    You're such a giver.

Even TVs? DAMNNNNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    You're such a giver.

Even TVs? DAMNNNNNNN!
    Awhile back yeah. People would line up in the streets on garage cleaning day. Strangest thing I've ever seen LOL