Thread: 4k or 1080P???

Hybrid View

4k or 1080P???

I am going to buy a new TV for a game room at the house and I hear the latest thing is the 4k TV's
    However, Direct TV does not have 4k services yet as they just recently launched a satellite...

Question is, is the 4k worth the addition $500???
    How long do you think it will be before 4k is the standard?

I'm going to get a 70 inch from costco...
    The 70 4k is $1999 and the 70 1080P is $1500

What are everyone's thoughts on this.....

The 4k price tag and info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Sony Bravia Ultra 4K awhile back, love it. My old Sony was 1080P and I can tell the difference.

Right now I think Netflix has the most 4K content. I also bought a Sony 4K video camera, not sure what I'll do with it, but I have one now LOL

We looked at them a while back, but if you don't get the 4K service you're hosed, we don't watch much netflix and stuff like that, lots of sports and cable shows, they don't have to updated service in our area yet so it wasn't worth the extra bucks to go with the 4K, but we would if the service every got to us, the pic is amazing.

I wouldn't just yet. By the time 4K is everywhere, it will be time to buy a bigger TV and move this one to the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    I wouldn't just yet. By the time 4K is everywhere, it will be time to buy a bigger TV and move this one to the garage!
    I usually give my old TV's to the needy. Just like my old jackets, used pants, old shirts, sweaty hats, dirty suitcases, partially empty colognes, old patio furniture, cheap speakers, old boots, and used toothbrushes HAHAHAHA