Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    If it's going to be a lake boat, I'd suggest at least a 230 Eagle...much more freeboard, molded swim step, etc.
    An '05 like this beauty will cost you $30k+ in our SoCal area...

thats a great looking boat! but well above my under $20k budget.

A Hallett Vector v-drive with a 454 just sold recently in the Sacramento area in your price range. Keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricks raft View Post
    thats a great looking boat! but well above my under $20k budget.
    21' rasoncraft cruiser hull all rebuilt and ready to drop in a BBC... Vdrive, super clean/nice...

THis is a great foundation to a very fast boat... It was still available as of a few weeks ago...

http://www.performanceboats.com/boat...ss-engine.html
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

You looking for turn-key, or some wrenching is ok?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    You looking for turn-key, or some wrenching is ok?
    Depends on how much wrenching for the price. Keep talking.....

Though I respect a quality v drive, my wife wouldn't go for the open engine/drive shaft with our young kids, and it takes quite a bit of room out of the boat. Need an open bow in this size range. Although I did find a hallett 240 closed bow that she didn't disqualify yet
    But I think this time I'll stay in the 21' range for simplicity in towing, maneuverability, and fuel use.

On a side note, i don't understand people that are selling stuff! I've called and emailed multiple time also through boat trader on a couple of boats with no response. One is even a dealer/ manufacturer. If you want to sell something and you pay for an add why would you not respond???

Quote Originally Posted by Ricks raft View Post
    Though I respect a quality v drive, my wife wouldn't go for the open engine/drive shaft with our young kids, and it takes quite a bit of room out of the boat. Need an open bow in this size range. Although I did find a hallett 240 closed bow that she didn't disqualify yet
    But I think this time I'll stay in the 21' range for simplicity in towing, maneuverability, and fuel use.
    I missed the open bow part. At one time I was looking for a 21 open bow and they are hard to come by. There was a 21 Spectra open bow for sale a while back. I believe it was a jet with no motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Don't think you mentioned what price range you wanted to stay in -- that makes a big difference. As for the 21 Eagle XP, I'd give it high marks overall, just a little less interior room due to the somewhat narrower beam than some of the others in that size range. Should be a 60ish boat with a good 350 mag. You can't go wrong with a Hallett 210 or even the Vector -- both great boats. Same for the 21 Schiada but you're probably going to pay quite a bit more. If you want to stay in the 21-foot range, keep your eye out for an older 21 Caliber 1 (Cliff put together some nice boats at one time) or the 21 Cobra is good too. If you happen to stumble on to an Eliminator 236 Eagle XP -- buy it! Has the same bottom (running surface) as the 250 Eagle XP (just no extended integrated/Euro swim platform) and is an exceptional step-vee hull (the steps are very small compared to later ventilated bottoms, but it works great).

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    Don't think you mentioned what price range you wanted to stay in -- that makes a big difference. As for the 21 Eagle XP, I'd give it high marks overall, just a little less interior room due to the somewhat narrower beam than some of the others in that size range. Should be a 60ish boat with a good 350 mag. You can't go wrong with a Hallett 210 or even the Vector -- both great boats. Same for the 21 Schiada but you're probably going to pay quite a bit more. If you want to stay in the 21-foot range, keep your eye out for an older 21 Caliber 1 (Cliff put together some nice boats at one time) or the 21 Cobra is good too. If you happen to stumble on to an Eliminator 236 Eagle XP -- buy it! Has the same bottom (running surface) as the 250 Eagle XP (just no extended integrated/Euro swim platform) and is an exceptional step-vee hull (the steps are very small compared to later ventilated bottoms, but it works great).
    Thanks, staying under $20k