Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Home Brewers Thread... Wine/Mead/Beer/Pulque

Any favorite recipies/yeast?

I have some red star montrachet going, some 05 safale, some lager (cant recall the #) all in various cider/pseudo-pulque recipies...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Any favorite recipies/yeast?

I have some red star montrachet going, some 05 safale, some lager (cant recall the #) all in various cider/pseudo-pulque recipies...
    Show off! Lol. I'll stick to the BL & JD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had cider for the first time last year when I was in England. I thought that stuff was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I had cider for the first time last year when I was in England. I thought that stuff was really good!
    super easy for starters... 1 gallon of PASTURIZED, no additives apple juice, one cup of corn sugar (or 3/4 cup brown sugar), 1/2 package of red start montrachet and air lock it... after 1-2 weeks (depending on bubbles) add a kick starter of sugar syrup made from your original starter IF you wanna make it sparkle... and wait...

waiting is the hard part...

most apple juice jugs take a 7.5 or 8.5 bored stopper... since it's pasturized its super easy since your fermenting in the jug you bought it in...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Show off! Lol. I'll stick to the BL & JD.

WOud you rather Baileys?

super easy for starters... 1 gallon of PASTURIZED, no additives apple juice, one cup of corn sugar (or 3/4 cup brown sugar), 1/2 package of red start montrachet and air lock it... after 1-2 weeks (depending on bubbles) add a kick starter of sugar syrup made from your original starter IF you wanna make it sparkle... and wait...

most apple juice jugs take a 7.5 or 8.5 bored stopper... since it's pasturized its super easy since your fermenting in the jug you bought it in...
    Is the effort to make it worth it or is it just easier to buy it and taste the same?

Is the effort to make it worth it or is it just easier to buy it and taste the same?

I dunno if you can even buy Apfelwein (German Hard Cider)...

It's a tradition for us Germans here in Missouri...

I dunno if you can even buy Apfelwein (German Hard Cider)...

It's a tradition for us Germans here in Missouri...
    Now your talking right up my ally lol.
    So the recipe you posted, that's for your apfelwein???

Now your talking right up my ally lol.
    So the recipe you posted, that's for your apfelwein???

Its basically it, fermented hard cider... Ideally you have fresh ground/pressed cider but, since this is pasturized (if you buy the right brand) it makes it much easier... The yeast and sugar you use, and your process impacts the dryness/flava/ABV...

Sounds like fun to try!