Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Building a Boat with my Boy!

Finished this gem today. Ran a couple teats on the rug. He already knows to bring the out drives up when he puts it on the trailer.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773173.465708.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773190.645614.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773209.584481.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  76.4 KB

Nice

I've heard it said that no other success can compensate for failure in the home. You're doing it right my man! Sooner than you know you'll be stepping it up to the next level. Ask me how I know.

Name:  IMG_2386.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  105.5 KB
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Finished this gem today. Ran a couple teats on the rug. He already knows to bring the out drives up when he puts it on the trailer.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773173.465708.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773190.645614.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420773209.584481.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  76.4 KB

Huh? Teats? Maybe Tests?

That's awesome stuff right there!
    Teaching the basics during play time is invaluable. As elementary as this seems to us our kids absorb EVERYTHING we tell them. The traits we show them will be there a lifetime. When age approppriate he will only need to learn how physically to do the things he already knows to do in his mind. It removes panic.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Awesome! I loved Legos as a kid! Whenever we go to the Mills I check in the Lego store to see what's new lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Niceeeeeeeeee

Brandon and I would spend all day Saturday sometimes building with his legos, at one point we inherited two MINDSTORMS kits and took it all to a new level...

Building pulling tractors/crawlers was out thing, he learned about gear reductions / multipliers and pulley/belt reductions, sometimes as much as 100/1 ratio which worked great for making pulling trucks/tractors/cranes...

cam movements / pushrods...

Lego's are awesome... Keep him going Mateo...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

This was his first Lego kit from Christmas. His two older sisters have almost all of the "freinds" kits that Legos makes. They are definitely fun and a lot more precise than the boxes of random pieces that I had as a kid. I didn't have many of them though.

Always a fun time playing after work.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    This was his first Lego kit from Christmas. His two older sisters have almost all of the "freinds" kits that Legos makes. They are definitely fun and a lot more precise than the boxes of random pieces that I had as a kid. I didn't have many of them though.

Always a fun time playing after work.
    we initially purchased some smaller kits that had motors/pulleys/gears and a batter box w/forward-reverse switch that has the bumps so it can be part of what you create, it holds like 4-6 AA batteries... After that when we recieved the MINDSTORM kits it had TONS of gears/tires/motors/pulleys/belts...

We found a supplier where we purchased the belts when they would break...

At one point we did have a pirate ship/boat that floated and we added a motor/prop...

Sorry, no pics from those days I think, well, maybe one or two somewhere...

Great for the kids mind!!!

Lookd at DOCs sons and where it leads...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Niceeeeeeeeee

Brandon and I would spend all day Saturday sometimes building with his legos, at one point we inherited two MINDSTORMS kits and took it all to a new level...

Building pulling tractors/crawlers was out thing, he learned about gear reductions / multipliers and pulley/belt reductions, sometimes as much as 100/1 ratio which worked great for making pulling trucks/tractors/cranes...

cam movements / pushrods...

Lego's are awesome... Keep him going Mateo...
    I did the lego thing forever as a kid, my engineer father definitely encouraged it with us. What really opened my eyes to "how things work" was when I got a Contructs kit. At 6 years old I suddenly understood gear ratios. If I flipped one drive unit one way it had a really high top speed (gear multiplier) but it couldn't go up the ramp I built. Turn it the other way, and suddenly I got a wicked rock crawler No top speed but would go up anything. The light switch went on so to speak. I am glad my nephews are into all this stuff as well, I want more future hot rodders and boaters rather than gamers.