Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chevellesb406 View Post
    I did the lego thing forever as a kid, my engineer father definitely encouraged it with us. What really opened my eyes to "how things work" was when I got a Contructs kit. At 6 years old I suddenly understood gear ratios. If I flipped one drive unit one way it had a really high top speed (gear multiplier) but it couldn't go up the ramp I built. Turn it the other way, and suddenly I got a wicked rock crawler No top speed but would go up anything. The light switch went on so to speak. I am glad my nephews are into all this stuff as well, I want more future hot rodders and boaters rather than gamers.
    thats what im talking about!!!

Where ya been friend???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    thats what im talking about!!!

Where ya been friend???
    Kept the kit of course too, they play with it. Just been in the garage cranking out some cornhole sets to get some cash together to start a new interior for the boat. The mortgage and other adult bills eat up my paycheck, so fun money has to come from somewhere. The chevelle could use some love as well.

As strange as it is, I really hope this lego movie's success actually gets more kids into this kinda stuff, it seriously pay dividends later in life, I fear the next generation that can't change a flat tire or do basic home maintenance. I don't expect everyone to dive in dork out on mechanical stuff like all of us like minded folks, but I am sure playing with stuff like this will teach them more than they ever realize.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chevellesb406 View Post
    Kept the kit of course too, they play with it. Just been in the garage cranking out some cornhole sets to get some cash together to start a new interior for the boat. The mortgage and other adult bills eat up my paycheck, so fun money has to come from somewhere. The chevelle could use some love as well.

As strange as it is, I really hope this lego movie's success actually gets more kids into this kinda stuff, it seriously pay dividends later in life, I fear the next generation that can't change a flat tire or do basic home maintenance. I don't expect everyone to dive in dork out on mechanical stuff like all of us like minded folks, but I am sure playing with stuff like this will teach them more than they ever realize.
    I agree on our future generation... At a minimum, one hour playing with legos is one hour NOT playing video games...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams