Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Happy 2015 Hotboat people: "Lets do something even if its wrong"

Hopefully everyone made it through the New Years Celebrations. I made it through unscathed thankfully. Spent a relatively quiet NYE in Vegas at a small club that surprisingly wasn't jam packed. And I remember everything about the night, guess I'm getting old lol.

Looking back over 2014, many major changes have occurred in my life. Some needed to happen, while others, in the end, were quite a surprise to me. Some decisions were easy, others were the most difficult of my life...so far. As I've gotten older, I always try to picture the end result before making a decision. Most of the time I've been pretty successful picturing the end result, other times not even a headscratch can describe the outcome lol. But in the end, and sometimes after the dust must settle, I've been pretty happy with my decisions.

In regard to this site, Hotboat.com, I will tell you that I certainly did not think things through in the beginning. Not having owned a website before definitely put me behind the eight ball. In fact, until I started this site I wasn't even on social media for the most part. Although I was on the original hotboat.com site, amongst others, I was not in the position of an owner/operator. And most of the stuff I posted back then was strictly for shock value lol.

Well I've learned a lot in a relatively short period of time.

This site has been through several redesigns. Its been through at least three hosting changes, and all three were a complete nightmare. We've somewhat survived a few members who were hell bent on taking this place to the far depths of internet purgatory, even after numerous promises to wash their souls of wrongdoing. This site has also personally cost me friendships. I hold myself personally responsible for these mishaps as I had the foresight to see the future, but still let it happen. In retrospect I should have said NO. Just more proof that the gut is a powerful intuitive tool that should never be ignored. Never.

Through all of this, life goes on. It must. The alternative is not an option. But not only must life go on, it needs to flourish, it needs to grow, it should not stand still.

An old guy at work once said, "lets do something even if its wrong". At the time I thought, as his employer especially, wtf is wrong with this guy? But after taking a step back, I thought about what he said and he was absolutely right. Not in the sense of literally doing something wrong, but in the sense of not standing still.

If I have a NY resolution this year, it will be to not stand still. To not let time waste away. To take full advantage of this flesh and the time on this earth. And to live life to its fullest.

Happy 2nd Anniversary www.hotboat.com, the show will go on!

So, Lets do something even if its wrong

Here here. I know I had some reals highs and my lowest of lows last year. I'm praying this year is a lot better.

It's been an interesting journey that's for sure.............I agree with Junkie and say "Here, Here".........I hope that 2015 will be the best year ever

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Cheers to a great 2015!!!

I believe in following your gut, it's the one thing I had engraved in me during my 30's. Yet, I'm still learning the art of following through on it. 2014 was a tough year and looking back I should have done many things differently. Although, I don't make New Years resolutions I do make choices to be a better me all of the time. I have however decided, not as a resolution so to speak but as a general practice, I'm going to mirror the people in my life. So from now on, I will treat people in my life as close as possible to the way they treat me. I'm over being nice, super forgiving, giving, thoughtful, understanding person to people who don't deserve it. I'm going to focus my energy on the people that do.

I guess I'll jump on the "let's do something even if it's wrong" train! Yeeehaw!! This should be fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

I guess I'll jump on the "let's do something even if it's wrong" train! Yeeehaw!! This should be fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave...
    You did get the part where I said that's just a figure of speech right???

Don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    You did get the part where I said that's just a figure of speech right???

Don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha
    Crap! I must've skimmed passed that part. Why did you let me go 15 min before telling me?

I won't call you for bail...but keep in mind don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

I think I can get use to this

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Crap! I must've skimmed passed that part. Why did you let me go 15 min before telling me?

I won't call you for bail...but keep in mind don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

I think I can get use to this

Sent from my Bat Cave...
    You will be my first call

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    You will be my first call
    Excellent! You'll be my first call too. Keep your phone on tonight. I've got something up my sleeve.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Congrats on another year, now lets "live life".

We're on the move, buying another house back at LOTO and a condo here down in SWF, when will I ever just sit still..................never, let's go boating.

Good luck hotboat for 2015

And good luck Vic on ur life adventures. I know some stuff and don't know some other stuff ...

Good luck Eli , hope you Pratice what some of your thoughts are in your post