Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Just heard there's a new "wrinkle" this year...IN THE WATER display @Marina Del Rey w/free shuttle back & forth...

February 19-22, 2015

Locations

Los Angeles Convention Center
    1201 S. Figueroa Street, Downtown LA

In-water at Marina del Rey, Pier 44
    4637 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292

Show Hours

Convention Center:
    Thursday, February 19, Noon–9pm
    Friday, February 20, Noon–9pm
    Saturday, February 21, 10am–9pm
    Sunday, February 22, 10am–6pm

Marina del Rey:
    February 19-20, Noon–5pm
    February 21-22, 10am–5pm

Complimentary round trip shuttle transportation will be available to and from the LA Convention Center and Marina del Rey.
    Public parking available in both locations.

Pretty sure they did that last year?

The L.A. Show did have an "in-water" component last year at MDR. This coming year, however, it is focusing on sailboats ("SailFest" I believe they are calling it -- probably because they canceled the long-running Long Beach Boat Show last October which was largely sail oriented -- sad to see a show like that disappear after nearly 50 years). It will be interesting to see what the Fred Hall Show looks like in early March at the Long Beach Convention Center -- the ASA (American Sportfishing Association) recently sold their interest in the show back to Bart Hall along with new partner Duncan McIntosh of Sea Magazine and The Log fame -- also the producer of the Newport In-Water Show in April and the Lido Boat Show in the fall). You've got to expect the Hall and McIntosh tandem will significantly ramp-up the boat count at the traditional fishing show in March possibly making the L.A. Convention Center Show look really small -- but who knows?

I go every year, why I don't know. It's more of a ritual then anything else for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    The L.A. Show did have an "in-water" component last year at MDR. This coming year, however, it is focusing on sailboats ("SailFest" I believe they are calling it -- probably because they canceled the long-running Long Beach Boat Show last October which was largely sail oriented -- sad to see a show like that disappear after nearly 50 years). It will be interesting to see what the Fred Hall Show looks like in early March at the Long Beach Convention Center -- the ASA (American Sportfishing Association) recently sold their interest in the show back to Bart Hall along with new partner Duncan McIntosh of Sea Magazine and The Log fame -- also the producer of the Newport In-Water Show in April and the Lido Boat Show in the fall). You've got to expect the Hall and McIntosh tandem will significantly ramp-up the boat count at the traditional fishing show in March possibly making the L.A. Convention Center Show look really small -- but who knows?
    Always loved the Fred Hall show. Timing is always good to book a trip for mid to late summer during that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Pretty sure they did that last year?
    Yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ONE-A-DAY View Post
    I go every year, why I don't know. It's more of a ritual then anything else for me.
    Same here. Just seem to go every year. It's a business expense for me as well.

I see Hotboat on the exhibitor list for the show....

The only things I miss about southern ca is the L.A boat show, deep sea fishing and dodger dogs. I'll be staying in havasu

I haven't gone in years. May head down and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    The only things I miss about southern ca is the L.A boat show, deep sea fishing and dodger dogs. I'll be staying in havasu

The LA show hasn't been what it used to be in 10 years or so. Not worth the trip from Havi to come check it out. I haven't been to the Havasu show, but from what I hear its just as good as that LA show is now, if not better.