Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mango Madness

Mango Madness

Well, it's been a long journey. 2.5 years of blood, sweat, tears and frustration are soon coming to an end. If things go as planned the old Mango Madness SS/PS8 will be in the water January 1. I'm not holding my breath, I've been let down too many times to get my hopes too high.
    I think if I'm going to take one thing away from this build, it's that this industry is a strange one. Cash in hand gets you no where, scheduled work doesn't exist and if you find someone that will actually do what they say and when they say it, hang onto them. They are the mystical unicorn.
    The boat is finally in good hands and everyday is a day of progress.
    I say all this because I've been looking at my boat for 355 days and absolutely nothing changed.
    I came close to throwing in the towel, but I decided I was going to see it through. There's still a couple of parts that were promised to me about 6 months ago that I doubt I'll ever get, but hay, lesson learned.
    I have no new pics to post, but will soon. I filled out and sent in my Needles entry form, hope to see a lot of you out there.

Greg

Oath Keeper

Very cool. Can't wait to see her.

Sad to hear everything you've been though with this... And hope to see her complete soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry to hear about the troubles, went through many issues with my build. once i found the right shop and engine builder the boat got finished and all the bad times slowly fade away. good luck, hope you make January.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Well, it's been a long journey. 2.5 years of blood, sweat, tears and frustration are soon coming to an end. If things go as planned the old Mango Madness SS/PS8 will be in the water January 1. I'm not holding my breath, I've been let down too many times to get my hopes too high.
    I think if I'm going to take one thing away from this build, it's that this industry is a strange one. Cash in hand gets you no where, scheduled work doesn't exist and if you find someone that will actually do what they say and when they say it, hang onto them. They are the mystical unicorn. The boat is finally in good hands and everyday is a day of progress.
    I say all this because I've been looking at my boat for 355 days and absolutely nothing changed.
    I came close to throwing in the towel, but I decided I was going to see it through. There's still a couple of parts that were promised to me about 6 months ago that I doubt I'll ever get, but hay, lesson learned.
    I have no new pics to post, but will soon. I filled out and sent in my Needles entry form, hope to see a lot of you out there.

Greg

Oath Keeper
    Hang in there big daddy, you're almost there...

It's funny, one of our fellow boating/gun buddies used that exact same statement recently ^^^
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Spent a little time on the buffing wheel yesterday. One less thing to do.

Oath Keeper

Got a few goodies today via FedEx.

Oath Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Spent a little time on the buffing wheel yesterday. One less thing to do.

Oath Keeper
    DId your wife send you straight into the shower after that??? Man that is some messy/nasty stuff...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Mango Madness

Well, upgraded valve train calls for tall valve covers. Sticking to the current theme of "no half assed modifications allowed" I ended up maxing out the cool meter with this set of NIB valve covers.
    I'm sure getting nervous about driving this thing.

Oath Keeper

anxiously awaiting for the pics to appear...