Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Mango Madness

Nice thought, and you kept your promise

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    I promised a couple of friends a ride a few years ago. Unfortunately both passed away. Cancer took them both early in life. So this is the best I could do.

Oath Keeper
    GOod to see you honor Chris like this sir... I know he was a special person in your life along with many other folks in our V-drive community... I wish I had the chance to meet/get to know him...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I promised a couple of friends a ride a few years ago. Unfortunately both passed away. Cancer took them both early in life. So this is the best I could do.

Oath Keeper
    What a good friend you are. Very cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, everything went very very good. Initial plate set was a little scary. The little boat wanted to go to the moon. So with a little help and tutelage from Billy, Rick, Truitt, Ryan and Bruce we got her settled down. The best I saw in GPS was 92.5mph. That's when a wire broke on my ignition toggle switch. So, I experienced my first whirl away stop. (Every time out after that I had GPS problems so no numbers to share.)The next time out I felt a little flutter in the peddle at speed so we added some tension to the springs. That helped a ton. All in all I was able to run her flat out at 7,000rpm with very little down peddle input. Schatz says 7,400rpm should be reachable. I'm so thankful to have such a good group of guys helping me out. She just keeps getting better every time out.

Oath Keeper

Oath Keeper

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...

What was the whirlaway stop like?
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Less dramatic than I'd thought it would be.

Oath Keeper

Well, everything went very very good. Initial plate set was a little scary. The little boat wanted to go to the moon. So with a little help and tutelage from Billy, Rick, Truitt, Ryan and Bruce we got her settled down. The best I saw in GPS was 92.5mph. That's when a wire broke on my ignition toggle switch. So, I experienced my first whirl away stop. (Every time out after that I had GPS problems so no numbers to share.)The next time out I felt a little flutter in the peddle at speed so we added some tension to the springs. That helped a ton. All in all I was able to run her flat out at 7,000rpm with very little down peddle input. Schatz says 7,400rpm should be reachable. I'm so thankful to have such a good group of guys helping me out. She just keeps getting better every time out.

Oath Keeper

Oath Keeper
    Awesome!!! && yes, great group of guys to get the right help from!!

Btw, tell em' all I said hi!!

I got home last night.

Oath Keeper

Sounded good and then I lost ignition power.

Oath Keeper