Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What gauges do you have?

I'm ready to start rigging. On my lady v-drive I had a lot of holes to fill. A lot of gauges I didn't need. This dash has no holes, I'm mounting the gauges on the steering column, circle boat style. Not a lot of room. Here's what I think I'll do. Tach, oil psi and oil temp with a water psi warning light.
    What do you have?

Oath Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    I'm ready to start rigging. On my lady v-drive I had a lot of holes to fill. A lot of gauges I didn't need. This dash has no holes, I'm mounting the gauges on the steering column, circle boat style. Not a lot of room. Here's what I think I'll do. Tach, oil psi and oil temp with a water psi warning light.
    What do you have?

Oath Keeper
    Are you running a water pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. I figure the over board is a good enough indication of water pressure. Was thinking about a low psi warning light.

Oath Keeper

Yea. I figure the over board is a good enough indication of water pressure. Was thinking about a low psi warning light.

Oath Keeper
    We run water temp instead of psi, which if the psi drops, the temp will go up as well, so you can doit either way. We run the idiot light on the oil psi and water temp. I can send you a picture of the column cluster on the 034, if you'd like. I like the set up, as does Chris.

I think I've seen yours on Facebook. But yea, I'd love to see it again.
    2halletts@gmail.com

Oath Keeper

What gauges do you have?

Can someone delete my pic? I didn't realize it had the stupid watermark
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by djunkie; 12-08-2014 at 03:45 PM.

I think I've seen yours on Facebook. But yea, I'd love to see it again.
    2halletts@gmail.com

Oath Keeper
    I emailed them for you also, but here ya go.

Oil pressure. That is about all I need. Tach is nice when first setting the boat up and getting the feel. We run oil temp too. Idiot light on oil pressure in case you are racing. Water pressure is a nice idea, but an idiot light on pressure will always be on unless you are going 20mph. If your pickup gets plugged, it will tell you. Temp sometimes won't, as we have had no water in the block and that doesn't tell you the temp of air real well.

Original issue B boat dash right from the factory. Stewart Warner oil pressure & engine temp sandwiching a Jones tattle tale tach.

Here's what the Faulkner boat looks like. There aren't many circle boats with no holes in the dash. I can only think of 1 off hand (bottom pic).

Name:  DSC02801.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  DSC02113.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  98.7 KB
    Last edited by Sharp shooter; 12-07-2014 at 11:56 PM.

What no boost gauges? Lol