Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
The limitaion may be that both homes will get the same (local) stations i.e. if you base in MO, when in FL, you'll get MO local news or vice versa if you base in FL.
That's not corrected as stated Carl ---- Direct TV Local channels are broadcast using a "Spot Beam", standard def uses a wider beam, HiDef a much more narrow beam. So let's say if you subscribe to DTV in Cape Coral Florida, then when you're in FL you'll get your local channels. But when you take a receiver to Mo. you won't receive any local channels because you'll be a very long ways from the spot beam --- Visa Versa if you subscribe using a Mo. address. When I take a receiver from San Diego to Havasu I can receive my San Diego standard def channels day and night, BUT due to the more narrow HiDef spot beam I can only receive it during daylight hours --- I'm right on the edge of the beam. A Spot Beam map later confirmed that. LA however has a much larger diameter spot beam, which reaches Havasu better than the SD beams. The best deal would be to contact DTV and tell them you'll be using it in a motorhome, from what I've read then they set it up so you receive the major networks from either New York or LA anywhere in the country.