Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Which vest and why?

Security Race Products (SRP) or Lifeline?
    Will be running a Bezer w/650hp. River play boat. I see there's a slight price difference, but what's a couple hundred dollars when it comes to safety.

Oath Keeper

I haven't bought a vest yet either and it's a tough decision. There's plenty of cheerleaders on both sides of the fence.

That is soooo true. I may not "race", but I will be running race speeds out at Needles. I want to get the best I can for me. Just had a talk with my engine/boat builder, he says without a doubt Lifeline.

Oath Keeper

I'm on the fence with my Lifelines. I'm not sure I'm in love with the collar. It's very uncomfortable. I think if it felt better I would be inclined to wear it more often. Then again maybe that's just how they all feel. I also like to wear my hat backwards and the dollar pushes my hat off. Not sure if SRP's are the same, but I'm interested in finding out. Not trying to put comfort over safety, just saying as a casual boater who cruises 80-90+ on a regular basis, a more comfortable jacket would make it easier to wear more often.

I get the comfort thing, but I can't see not buying the best because of an annoyance. Painful uncomfort is totally different. I've never worn either so I'm just speculating.
    Sharp Shooter! I can't believe you still haven't bought one.

Oath Keeper

I like my lifeline.

I've worn the lifeline and they're not that uncomfortable, we usually only cruise 40-50 so it's not that important to me, I'm getting slow and pokey in my old age, but love looking at the ladies in bikinis.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    I get the comfort thing, but I can't see not buying the best because of an annoyance. Painful uncomfort is totally different. I've never worn either so I'm just speculating.
    Sharp Shooter! I can't believe you still haven't bought one.

Oath Keeper
    Yeah, I need to get off my ass and get something instead of continually borrowing stuff. I have an order form from SRP around here somewhere. I'm not looking for comfort, I'm looking for the safest jacket available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I'm on the fence with my Lifelines. I'm not sure I'm in love with the collar. It's very uncomfortable. I think if it felt better I would be inclined to wear it more often. Then again maybe that's just how they all feel. I also like to wear my hat backwards and the dollar pushes my hat off. Not sure if SRP's are the same, but I'm interested in finding out. Not trying to put comfort over safety, just saying as a casual boater who cruises 80-90+ on a regular basis, a more comfortable jacket would make it easier to wear more often.
    Vic, 80-90mph on a regular basis is enough to kill you IF and accident does happen, you should always be wearing it. (Don't want to loose you) and the collar on the Lifeline is deigned the way it is so if to do get tossed out in a race with a helmet on, the force of the water doesn't pull your head off with the helmet. Chris has worn both, SRP and Lifeline, and is for Lifeline all the way. Lifeline has more padding and floatation for added safety and has more in the front, so if you are tossed out and unconscious, you will float face up, not down left to drown. Gotta love Chris Kenner at SRP, he's a great guy, but when it comes to safety, Lifeline is the way to go. Also, you can have them made without the collar on them, but for Mr. Denton, he should be wearing a helmet out there anyways, so the collar makes it much safer. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Vic, 80-90mph on a regular basis is enough to kill you IF and accident does happen, you should always be wearing it. (Don't want to loose you) and the collar on the Lifeline is deigned the way it is so if to do get tossed out in a race with a helmet on, the force of the water doesn't pull your head off with the helmet. Chris has worn both, SRP and Lifeline, and is for Lifeline all the way. Lifeline has more padding and floatation for added safety and has more in the front, so if you are tossed out and unconscious, you will float face up, not down left to drown. Gotta love Chris Kenner at SRP, he's a great guy, but when it comes to safety, Lifeline is the way to go. Also, you can have them made without the collar on them, but for Mr. Denton, he should be wearing a helmet out there anyways, so the collar makes it much safer. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    50, 40 or even 30 can kill you. I don't sustain those speeds and I'm not racing. My toon will do 60 and I do 50 in it sustained.

With my luck I'll get t-boned in the Raptor on a 25mph street and the air bag will snap my neck

Probably don't want to get in to the whole jacket debate lol. All I'm saying is if my jackets were a little more comfortable I would probably wear them more often and for longer periods of time.