Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Andy, it's at S&S getting finished up. It'll be ready to get wet by January 1.

Oath Keeper

I started with SRP with my funny-car stuff. The best race suit I have ever owned. They make great stuff, as does lifeline. Take care of the stuff and either will last for a long time. And don't wear shoes that are super buoyant. When your shoes are huge with flotation, your feet float and can keep your face down. When the shoes sink, the jackets will roll you over to where your face is out of the water. It is the little things. Make sure you listen to the old timers that have seen it all.

Which vest and why?

Lifeline - Kent is always in the pits at all of the races, great customer service and tech support. He came to my house to let me test the new air system in my pool before buying one.

One question.....

Does any of these companies make a USCG approved jacket? I saw a line that the Poker Run jacket was non USCG approved. That jacket look like it would be a big seller for most guys. I think I heard that the lifeline Chute Jacket wasn't USCG approved either.

If so....

How do you make the "Coasties" happy?

Are any of these Jackets USCG Legal?
    They told me it would float!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperpasta View Post
    One question.....

Does any of these companies make a USCG approved jacket? I saw a line that the Poker Run jacket was non USCG approved. That jacket look like it would be a big seller for most guys. I think I heard that the lifeline Chute Jacket wasn't USCG approved either.

If so....

How do you make the "Coasties" happy?

Are any of these Jackets USCG Legal?
    I don't believe any Lifelines are USCG approved. I have been pulled over wearing one and never gotten a ticket (you can always carry a cheapo orange vest which will satisfy the approved vest part).

If you are just looking for a Poker Run jacket, West Marine sells a vest my Mustang Survival that is rated to 100mph. I am sure that is USCG approved, or West Marine wouldn't be selling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

My guess to the SRP and Lifeline not be USCG approved would be needed for testing. Even though they both probably meet and exceed the standard.

Oath Keeper

Thanks guys.

I thought I heard something along those lines, but never saw a thread on this subject. I just mentioned the Poker Run vest because it was plainly described as a Non USCG approved vest. I need to purchase a couple quality vests for the wife and myself for our new Runnerbottom.

I get the quality of the vests mentioned as I was part of the Lucas Dragboat series this year. These vests work! It just seems so odd that you can spend so much for a product and not get the certification.

This is one of the moments in life where you get what you pay for "safety" and some "Federal Suit and Tie" type guy has something else to say about it. Go figure?
    They told me it would float!

To add my two cents Andrew and Candice have a great point about the Lifeline jackets floating you face up. I have a Lifeline too.

Steve

I did a ton of research before I purchased my life jacket. I went with LifeLine as well. Kent is great to deal with and yes he is always around at the races (in Parker). I spoke with numerous racers that had used both jackets and the majority were running LifeLine for a few reasons.

1) Safety, they float you face up. Kent advised me to get fully dressed as if I was ready to jump in my boat and go. Then, jump into a body of water and see what happens. It was pretty eye opening.

2) Function, the leg bands and the cut of the jacket.

3) Comfort, most everyone that I spoke with that wore both Jackets preferred the LifeLine jacket over the SRP.

Good luck Greg, and choose wisely. They are a huge investment.

Lock

Thanks Lock. Talked to Kent before Christmas. I'm buying one from him. Sending my measurements in tomorrow.

Oath Keeper