Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Thanksgiving FOOD/Eats thread...

Grill goodies? Baked goodies? Veggie goodies?

My daughter just made these as a starter, a family favorite that sounds odd but we have been eating these for 40+ years.... The longer/more smooth and melted the sugar/corn syrup/peanut butter is, the better they set up when they cool (on wax paper)...

http://blog.emeals.com/no-bake-peanu...flake-cookies/

Ingredients

•6 cups corn flakes
    •1 cup sugar
    •1 cup light corn syrup
    •1 cup creamy peanut butter

Instructions
    1.Place corn flakes in a large bowl; set aside.
    2.Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Immediately remove from heat; add peanut butter, stirring to combine.
    3.Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes, and toss gently to combine, being careful not the crush the corn flakes.
    4.Quickly drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Allow cookies to stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.

Variations:

We use 5 cups corn flakes and 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter... Getting the exact ratio and getting the syrup/sugar thoroughly mixed/melted is trial and error...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Sounds good. I swear I have the biggest sweet tooth. I can probably put away a dozen lol